Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my band: Oak Pantheon
mbmbmbmbmb
All Construct markers show "+1" on both sides. No Construct markers have a "+2" side. Thankfully I have some Construct markers I can substitute from BKN that should work fine. Anybody else notice this or did I get a bad print?

Proof:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean, I'm going to confirm it with my playtesters but as I recall it the error is not the counters, but the rules which were not updated. Late in playtesting we felt a +2 modifier made it too easy to repair bridges.

In rule 21.5.6 delete the sentence which reads:

If the attempt is unsuccessful, increase the construct level by +1 to a maximum of +2. This is done either by placing a Construct marker on the Demolished Bridge marker with its +1 side facing up or flipping the marker already there from its +1 to its +2 side.

The +1 marker should be placed if the initial attempt is unsuccessful.

I will have this rule updated when we launch the on-line rules at the Revolution Games website - assuming my playtesters agree with me

Michael Rinella
Designer, Patton's Vanguard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my band: Oak Pantheon
mbmbmbmbmb
That works just as well too! I'll make a note of it in my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The mystery deepens as my playtesters have denied any discussion of dropping the +2 modifier.

Because of that I'm going to have to say the rules are correct and through a cut-and-paste error the +2 side of the markers were simply duplicates of the +1 side and ought to have said +2.

As of July 10 this is the known errata for the game:

Rules:

The first scenario has an incorrect setup location on page 3 for Kampfgruppe Fiess. It should be Area 17, not Area 35.

Rule 16.1 Voluntary Use – the first sentence “During the Reinforcement Phase the Advantage may be used to declare:” should be deleted. It is an artifact from an earlier version of the game.

Rule 21.4.5 Bridge Repair – the sentence which reads “The attacker makes a die roll and adds the appropriate bridge repair modifiers (xx) for each repair attempt” is missing its cross reference. Replace “xx” with “21.4.7”.

A PDF with these corrections will be posted at the game's entry at the Revolution Games website shortly.

Counter Sheet:

There is a discrepancy between rule 21.4.6, Construction, which refers to construct markers being +1/+2 and the markers themselves, which have +1 on both sides. The markers ought to have a +2 value on their reverse side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.