chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The set up and story seemed fine. Everything just seemed to fall in place, I don't think we're particularly tough as characters or smart as players.

I suspect difficulty will vary wildly. But this was super easy for us. 45 min to spend outstanding experience and set up. 20 min to play. Had fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Piper
Germany
flag msg tools
cw67q wrote:
The set up and story seemed fine. Everything just seemed to fall in place, I don't think we're particularly tough as characters or smart as players.

I suspect difficulty will vary wildly. But this was super easy for us. 45 min to spend outstanding experience and set up. 20 min to play. Had fun though.

You're sure that you didn't miss some rules?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It takes at least two turns to unlock the ability to attack the broods. Then you'd need at least 12 attacks (likely 15-18) to finish all four broods. Finally, to get all broods you need to get to stage 2 of the agenda deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jorg,

I don't know how to do the spoiler box so I'm going to use vague terms. Possibility of *very* slight spoilers below.

We only started with one of those things you mention (the number is dependent on previous campaign events*). No more came out before we finished although the one that was out got buffed twice.

We got all clues needed fir the initial hurdle v fast (mostly Jenny played by my daughter, who also rescued her sister on turn 3!). Jim (me) was able to use clues from a different source described in the scenario v the thing effectively.

Then on enemy phase Jim had the event/spell that negated an attack, with enemy damaging itself on a non numbered chaos token: drew a skull.

I actually think it is a well designed scenario that looks like it could recreate elements of Lovecrafts the Dunwich Horror rather well. We just got lucky with card/token draws and previous campaign events gave us an easier set up.

*if we got this part of set up wrong I'll hold my hands up, can't check just now. (we did play Essex Express wrong after all soblue)

Regards, chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you did indeed get something wrong.

While it is possible to start with just one brood in play, there will still be 2-3 copies that you need to set aside out of play. The objective for act 2 to advance is
"Defeat as many Brood of Yog-Sothoth enemies as you can. If there are no copies of Brood of Yog-Sothoth in play or set aside, advance."

So you still need to do something about those other 2 (or 3) brood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Piper
Germany
flag msg tools
Like Richard said,you got the winning conditions somewhat wrong.

However, it is almost impossible to defeat all four broods. I usually make a quick retreat after defeating the second one.

To use spoilers, there is a button "SP" at the top right of the reply section which you can use to creat spoiler tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Pyne
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cw67q wrote:
Then on enemy phase Jim had the event/spell that negated an attack, with enemy damaging itself on a non numbered chaos token: drew a skull.

Also note that they are immune to all damage except the one source mentioned so this successful skull would negate the attack but deal no damage.

Also note that they only take one damage per attack regardless of all modifiers. The only want to do two damage in one attack with be with the rogue gamble card that resolves the effects twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.