New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, here are the rules for the Tabletopia demo of solo mode, found here: https://tabletopia.com/playground/lucidity-testing-mbvnbj/pl...

Start of Game:

Select a Lord to fight against (in Tabletopia this means rotating your camera to the correct angle. Note that each Lord has a special power in the bottom left corner.

Draw dreams randomly from the bag, filling the Spooks row from bottom up. All Spooks begin the game Shadow side up. When placing Spooks in this game, you must always fill from the bottom up.

On your turn:

Plays just like 2-4 player Lucidity: Six-sided Nightmares. Choose a sleep track, draw dreams, return 2, roll the remainder, apply their effects, choose whether to press your luck or end your turn. There are some exceptions however:

1. Any power spent to reroll unresolved dreams is returned to the bag (instead of being placed on the matching Nightmare).

2. You may spend a power to reroll Spooks (see below rules).

3. Shadows of Envy have the following effect (as there is no next player): Reroll the first dream in your Power track.

4. Instead of becoming a Nightmare when you fill all 4 Shadow row spaces, that Nightmare Awakens (see below).

At the end of your turn:

1. Before you rest, move the bottom two Spooks onto your card to the matching row. Do not resolve any Shadow effects from this placement, but do Awaken a Nightmare if this fills one of your Shadow rows (see below).

2. When you rest, you do not have to return a shadow or all exhaust to the bag. If you do though, place them at the top of the Spooks row, Shadow side up (instead of returning them to the bag).

Rerolling Spooks:

1. At any point, you may spend a Power dream to reroll your Spooks (return spent Power to the bag).

2. You may reroll any number of Spooks that match the spent Power’s colour and that share an edge with another Spook being rerolled.

3. Pick up those Spooks, roll them, and return any Power rolled to the bag. Then take any remaining dreams and fill the gaps in the Spooks row from bottom to top, keeping the symbols rolled. Then move all Spooks down to fill any remaining gaps.

Awakened Nightmares:

1. When you fill all 4 spaces in a Shadow row, return those dreams to the bag, then place the matching Nightmare above the solo-mode game board. That Nightmare is considered to be “Awakened”.

2. You may never return dreams matching an Awakened Nightmare, even if that means you cannot return 2 to the bag.

3. If an Awakened Nightmare’s colour of Shadow row is ever filled again to 4, you lose.

To win:

When there are no Spooks remaining, if you have at least 4 Power for each Awakened Nightmare, you win. If you do not have enough Power, you are overcome and lose.

If no Nightmares are Awakened, you only need no Spooks remaining to win.

Nightmare Powers:

Lord of Primeval Fear: Each time a Nightmare Awakens, take a dream of Primeval Fear from the bag, turn it to its HUNT side and place it on your card.

Lord of the Depths: Each time a Nightmare Awakens, take all Shadows of that color from your card and add them to the Spooks, as if you had removed them by Resting.

Lord of Envy: To win, you must have 6 Power for each Awakened Nightmare (instead of 4).

Lord of Imprisonment: Each time a Nightmare Awakens, draw a random color of dream and lose all Power matching that color. You must rest after resolving your dreams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Caron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Foxtale wrote:
Lord of the Depths: Each time a Nightmare Awakens, take all Shadows of that color from your card and add them to the Spooks, as if you had removed them by Resting.

Do you remove the four shadows off the shadow track and put them back in the bag first, or do you place them with the others on the top of the spook track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
Take them all and add them to the Spooks track! Then cackle maniacally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Caron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Foxtale wrote:
Take them all and add them to the Spooks track! Then cackle maniacally.

You should point that out in the solo rules (without cackling of course ). As a player struggling to win, I am very tempted to discard them before applying the lord of the Depths' power...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dunbruha jones
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot seem to get the Tabletopia to work, so forgive me if this is obvious...

What is the Spooks track? Is it a different board than the multi-player version? Will it be included in the game?

Thanks for any info--I am a solo-only gamer and am considering whether to back the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Caron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dunbruha wrote:
I cannot seem to get the Tabletopia to work, so forgive me if this is obvious...

Tabletopia does not work with Firefox. They recommend Chrome or (gasp!) Internet Explorer.

dunbruha wrote:
What is the Spooks track? Is it a different board than the multi-player version? Will it be included in the game?

It's an add-on board for the moment with a column of dice. Two dice wide, many dice high.

It plays slightly differently than the multi-player in the current rule draft. Picture the spook track as a Tetris. At the end of each turn, you take the two dice at the bottom, place them on your player card and shift the rest toward the bottom. During gameplay, you can try to remove dice from the spook or at least change their facing. Also, in the current version of the solo mode, you never become a nightmare.

I suggest you try it out with a browser that support the Unity engine (the building block of Tabletopia) and send feedback to Shannon. Solo, coop and 5-8 player rules ar still in development at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dunbruha jones
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easyprototype wrote:
dunbruha wrote:

Tabletopia does not work with Firefox. They recommend Chrome or (gasp!) Internet Explorer.

dunbruha wrote:

It's an add-on board for the moment with a column of dice. Two dice wide, many dice high.

It plays slightly differently than the multi-player in the current rule draft. Picture the spook track as a Tetris. At the end of each turn, you take the two dice at the bottom, place them on your player card and shift the rest toward the bottom. During gameplay, you can try to remove dice from the spook or at least change their facing. Also, in the current version of the solo mode, you never become a nightmare.

I suggest you try it out with a browser that support the Unity engine (the building block of Tabletopia) and send feedback to Shannon. Solo, coop and 5-8 player rules ar still in development at the moment.

Thanks for the info. I am using Chrome. I can get the multi-player game to run, but when I click the link for the solo version it just says "Creating a new room" but gets stuck there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cemetery Corner
msg tools
dunbruha wrote:
Thanks for the info. I am using Chrome. I can get the multi-player game to run, but when I click the link for the solo version it just says "Creating a new room" but gets stuck there.

I had the same issue in Chrome - I could load multiplayer fine but got stuck on single player. The workaround was to use my work computer to follow the link to the single player game, then quit but leave the game active on my Tabletopia account. Then at home I was able to enter the game that I had started and it worked beautifully.

No idea why my work computer loaded the single player game where my home PC wouldn't (both were Chrome, although my work is running Windows 10 and my home computer is Windows 7, so maybe that's an issue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. A.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playtesting the solo mode on TableTopia, and still haven't beaten a boss yet!

I usually get stuck awakening too many nightmares, and not having the required 2 power in each color. As seen below, this is probably the closest I've gotten to winning. I had the 2 power for Envy and Fear, but on the last round I awakened Imprisonment and I'm exhausted and the game is about to end.

Has anyone else been having this same issue with the Solo games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.