Greg D
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the game setup on my gaming table for about a week as I've been trying off and on to learn the rules and get this game going. On my game table, I put a giant clear plastic mat that I got from staples (the kind that you would put under a desk chair to prevent wear to the flooring underneath). This was initially done so that I could also do puzzles, but has come in handy with some games as it allows the components to move around easier than on the felt surface.

I just put away the game, and after I rolled up the game board mat, I noticed that the spot on the table where the mat used to be now feels all oily compared to everywhere else on the table. Anyone else having this? Not a huge fan of this, and I wonder if this will have an affect on the components in the box if they're sitting next to the mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen anything like that, and I've had a couple of mats on my gaming table for quite a while.

It sounds like there might have been some moisture/condensation trapped between the rubber on the bottom of the mat and the plastic cover that you're using. That would be my guess unless someone else chimes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my at on the kitchen table for four days and saw nothing of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took my mat out

sorry, been busy and haven't had a chance to play yet :-(

However, it does have a slight oily feel to the touch. I've left it out on a clean piece of craft paper - I'll keep you updated on any developments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't noticed that, but I'll admit it is a little oily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my more fun league mat amd one of the customs. Neither has moisture or oilyness. Bothe have been in the same spot for a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lower
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I love a game of Up Front. Thanks WV!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmmm...

Mine is dry as a bone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I sweat playing this game - I had a hell of a 21-14 overtime win today, and it was like 100 degrees in the room. Then again, it is in the high 80s outside.

But my mat has been keeping it cool, as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.