Popular Tags: [View All]
E Griffin
United States
East Fallowfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have some questions.

The rule-book says to score each players slide with 1 point per tile they use, but the video on FoxMinds website shows 1 pt per slide section (even when crisscrossing the same tile). The latter is my preference and how I've played the game but I wanted to put the question out there.

Another inconsistency I noticed was regarding the tunnels. The rule-book clearly labels them as Entrance and Exit tiles, but the video shows the players riding it backwards.

My last question came up during game-play. It's about legal placement rules. Can a tile be placed such that it creates a completely decorative slide? I.E. a slide which is a fully enclosed loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerMouse wrote:
I have some questions.

The rule-book says to score each players slide with 1 point per tile they use, but the video on FoxMinds website shows 1 pt per slide section (even when crisscrossing the same tile). The latter is my preference and how I've played the game but I wanted to put the question out there.

Another inconsistency I noticed was regarding the tunnels. The rule-book clearly labels them as Entrance and Exit tiles, but the video shows the players riding it backwards.

My last question came up during game-play. It's about legal placement rules. Can a tile be placed such that it creates a completely decorative slide? I.E. a slide which is a fully enclosed loop.

In the original rulebook on the geek you score a point for every tile visited so you would score the same tile twice/thrice if you can loop it back there.

Wow, didn't pay attention to the video that well but the red slider does make an illegal move by entering the exit tile.

So long as you obey the 2 rules that you extend the slide and not cause crashing or returning to start, making circles seems valid (and possibly tactical) play to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Dorais
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

Sorry if there as been some confusion around the game rules.

1. Each time your pawn goes on a tile section, it counts as 1 point. crossing a tile multiple times gives multiple points

2. You are right about the mistake in the video where the red pawn goes back through the Exit. It shouldn't be the case. The Tunnel Exit tile is thicker to make sure players remember that they cannot enter that way in the tunnel.

3.A decorative loop can be created as long as your pawn is not trapped inside it. if you place a tile and adjacent paths create an infinite loop without having a pawn stuck there, it's fine.

Thanks for your comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.