Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: February chain outbreaks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael VanOsdol
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Won January and lost February due to a chain outbreak. Next players turn would have cured 3 diseases ☹️ Might be a stupid question, kind of new to gaming world, but by replaying February, do we keep all the 2-3 rioting stickers on the cities that had outbreaks and use the current board for starting February again? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. All stickers on the board remain throughout the game all the way to the end in December. Makes saving cities from outbreaks more important as the game progresses or it becomes more difficult to get into those cities down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Roe
United States
Durham
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule of thumb for Pandemic Legacy: If it's a sticker, that's because it stays. There are some stickers that might later be covered up, but I don't think any stickers ever come up or get ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael VanOsdol
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks so much guys. I had a feeling that was the answer but wanted it confirmed. Everything I've read about the games says it has a way of balancing itself out. I'm hoping that March or another month will let me cover some of those stickers up. I'm afraid that in the second play of February if we are unfortunate enough to draw the same cities that rioted they will go up to 4 and 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snoozle snoozle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikesofl9 wrote:
Won January and lost February due to a chain outbreak. Next players turn would have cured 3 diseases ☹️ Might be a stupid question, kind of new to gaming world, but by replaying February, do we keep all the 2-3 rioting stickers on the cities that had outbreaks and use the current board for starting February again? Thanks.

I am curious on how you can cure 3 diseases in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beecher Greenman
msg tools
mb
snoozle wrote:
Mikesofl9 wrote:

I am curious on how you can cure 3 diseases in one turn.

I think they meant they could have cured the third disease, but I think I do see a possible setup for this. Colors can be switched around; I'm just naming for convenience.

February Spoilers
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I assume C0dA is red.

Early January: lose but eradicate yellow. Spend both in-game upgrades to mutate it twice.
Late January: win, eradicating blue. Spend both in-game upgrades to mutate it twice.
Early February: Bring Scientist and Researcher into the game, one of them for the first time, and give then Co-Workers.
Setup: Scientist has two black, two yellow, two blue. Researcher has two black, one yellow, one blue. Somebody has Borrowed Time. Scientist is on a Research Station.

Scientist Action 1: Take yellow from Researcher and cure yellow.
Scientist Action 2: Take blue from Researcher and cure blue.
(someone plays Borrowed Time on Scientist)
Scientist Action 3: Take black from Researcher.
Scientist Action 4: Take black from Researcher
Scientist Action 5: Cure black.

Scientist Action 6 isn't needed. Three diseases, one turn, achievement unlocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Unless I'm missing something, your suggestion has the Scientist curing a disease using only three cards before it has the Easier Agents positive mutation?

Here's a way of doing it without relying on any spoilers, though:

Scientist starts in Atlanta with four red cards, two blue, Miami.
Researcher starts turn in Atlanta with two blue cards, Borrowed Time.
Player 3 starts turn in Miami with four yellow cards.
Yellow has Common Structure and is Efficient to Sequence.

Researcher plays Borrowed Time.
Scientist cures red.
Scientist takes blue from Researcher.
Scientist takes another blue from Researcher.
Scientist cures blue.
Scientist drives to Miami.
Scientist gives Miami card to player 3.
Player 3 instantly cures yellow without using an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beecher Greenman
msg tools
mb
clivej wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, your suggestion has the Scientist curing a disease using only three cards before it has the Easier Agents positive mutation?

Agh, you're right. I mixed up the order of the mutations. My fault for doing this without looking at the board, and without that, my method won't work in early February (not enough end-game upgrades are available by then). You could do it in late February, though, with a bit more setup.

It looks like your method can work earlier than mine (late January), but requires either more specific setup in that case (either yellow or blue is the upgraded disease, or you need to use Airlift to reach Player 3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.