Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read the rules, during a Reformation/Counter-Reformation Attempt, a unit actually in the space to be converted does not add +1 to the number of dice rolled. Only the presence of a unit in a space adjacent to the space to be converted adds to the dice rolled. Right? This just seems a bit odd. Troops at a distance have an affect but local troops do not?

The Hussites were dominant in Bohemia/Moravia at this time. If I remember right, those spaces and their units add to Catholic dice, but the history says they should not.

My friends and I have played six three-player games. The English/ Protestant Player has a significant edge. We never make it past Turn 4, as four turns take more than seven hours. Would a VP handicap for the end of Turn 4, such as +5 VP to Papacy, -1 VP to England, -4 VP to Protestantism be reasonable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 dice for a stack of units in the target space for reformation/counter-reformation.

Quote:
• 1 die for each adjacent space under Protestant religious
influence
• 1 die for each adjacent reformer
• 1 die for each adjacent stack of Protestant land units
• 2 dice if reformer in target space
• 2 dice if there is a stack of Protestant land units in the target
space.

Papal rolls have the equivalent modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did we all miss that? blush Thanks. The early Prots don't look so unstoppable now. A few Haps or Pope's units will slow them significantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.