3 Posts

Not Alone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loop Hole / Discarding hunted cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Geek
msg tools
Played with 2 players.

I was playing the hunted. It turns out that If I keep on losing a will instead of playing, I avoid the creature and thus my marker still moves by 1 at the end of the turn.

Am I playing this wrong? I'm considering doing a house rule then if true to not advance the token unless a hunted played at least 1 card.

++Additional question: At some point, the hunted cards are useless and will never be used. Can they be discarded at the end of turn and then draw up to 3? Im considering that as a house rule too. Otherwise...the hunted can really stall the game by stalling the game longer by only having one player play a place card while they take turn "resting" by losing 1 will. I know that by losing all 3 will the creature does advance but it is my understanding that it doesn't matter how many lost their 3rd will, it will only advance 1 time. So if they timed it right, they should lose their 3rd at the same time, then divide and conquer by giving up 1 will accordingly to stall..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kouvang88 wrote:
Played with 2 players.

I was playing the hunted. It turns out that If I keep on losing a will instead of playing, I avoid the creature and thus my marker still moves by 1 at the end of the turn.

Am I playing this wrong? I'm considering doing a house rule then if true to not advance the token unless a hunted played at least 1 card.

It sounds like you are playing it wrong.

Playing a place card is mandatory for the hunted (this is highlighted in bright red letters under "phase 1" in the rulebook). There is no rule that allows you to skip the phase card to "rest".

Note that if you sacrifice a will to take back two place cards, you STILL have to play a place card on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Geek
msg tools
Dulkal wrote:
kouvang88 wrote:
Played with 2 players.

It sounds like you are playing it wrong.

Playing a place card is mandatory for the hunted (this is highlighted in bright red letters under "phase 1" in the rulebook). There is no rule that allows you to skip the phase card to "rest".

Note that if you sacrifice a will to take back two place cards, you STILL have to play a place card on the same turn.

Simon,
You are right. Re-reading the rules, even if I choose to sacrifice a will, I would STILL have to play.
Ok that will change things just a bit now that would avoid this loophole I mentioned. Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.