4 Posts

Skull King» Forums » Rules

Subject: Follow suit with pirate opening rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Bajohrs
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it mandatory to play a pirate following a pirate opening? I assume not.

If someone is opening with an escape card and I follow with a yellow suit card, do. following players have to follow this yellow suit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
No to the first question and yes to the second. Pirates and escape cards are not a suit but special cards so when the first suit card is played then that is the suit to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
Pirates and escape cards are not a suit but special cards so when the first suit card is played then that is the suit to follow.

That's the case for escape cards, but no suit is set for pirates. You can play any card after someone leads with a pirate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DW Kelly
United States
Lawrence
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure what version we are discussing - however the Schmidt Multilingual version (with Mermaids) states:

"If the first card played is a special card, the next suit card to be played determines the suit to be played for the further round."

Therefore, I believe Morton K's response to the OP is correct and, in this matter, there is no differences among Special Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.