5 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Purification tokens and hospitals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iceland
flag msg tools
Hey everybody,

I played Pandemic Iberia 2.5 times on Friday and was wondering if someone here could perhaps clarify two things for me.

First of all, how many purification tokens are players allowed to add to regions? At one point in the game we had 5 or 6 tokens in a region. Note that we didn't put them down all at the same time but I was a bit sceptical that this was ok - especially because we beat the game easily with both 4 and 5 epidemic cards in play.

Secondly, is it ok to build a hospital in the city you start in? Let's say you start in Braga and obviously you have the Braga card.. can a player build a hospital in his first turn?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit on purification tokens by region, although you are limited by the supply.

You can build a hospital in any city including your starting city although strategically building a hospital on the first turn might not be the best idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow 5 or 6 in the same region! Seems a lot ... as long as you know there's something like 30 "regions" on the board not only 4 like some people assumed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lithy wrote:
although strategically building a hospital on the first turn might not be the best idea.

Not sure I agree with this. You have the card, you are in the city that matches that card and are unlikely to break up a set this early in the game.
For us, it is a helpful and common choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
lithy wrote:
although strategically building a hospital on the first turn might not be the best idea.

Not sure I agree with this. You have the card, you are in the city that matches that card and are unlikely to break up a set this early in the game.
For us, it is a helpful and common choice.

Fair enough, we usually find starting hands to be a poor indicator of cards to come. We play lots of 2 player, so let's say I start with 2 Black, 1 yellow, 1 red. Partner starts with 1 black, 2 yellow, 1 blue. I am always tempted to think that I will be going for the black cure, I take my first turn, draw a yellow and red. Now my partner takes their turn, but draws two black. Now I'm in a better position to build a black hospital and try to share one of my cards with them.

Obviously it comes down to draws but I generally think that the first turn is too early to be building hospitals with a card that might be easier to share depending on circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.