Hide
6 Posts

Patchwork» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5 paches choice vs 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Siri
msg tools
What if players could choice 5 patches instead of 3? ..
^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it, maybe that'd be a good "House Rule" or variant?

I had thought about making a variant where the first 3 pieces are free to choose from (still paying the cost listed on the piece) but you could, for a cumulative cost of one button, choose a piece further ahead. So, in addition to the cost of the piece itself the fourth piece would cost X+1, the next one X+2, the next one X+3, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StefanoBG wrote:
What if players could choice 5 patches instead of 3? ..
^^

Well, the game would be a lot looser and both players will likely fill their boards every time without much trouble. And it'll be harder to set up turns where you deny something from your opponent. If that's the feel you prefer from the game then go for it.

I think the game would be less interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Siri
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback! I was looking on how to have more choice playing it.. it feal to me a bit restricted in terms of moves span.. how it is called? "scripted"?
But I really like this game! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Granovsky
Mexico
Guadalajara
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StefanoBG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I was looking on how to have more choice playing it.. it feal to me a bit restricted in terms of moves span.. how it is called? "scripted"?
But I really like this game! cool

I believe it's a very solid part of the strategy/difficulty, however I have played games where the combinations are very complicated and both players have a very hard time to pay the first pieces and end up advancing for coins several times.

I would consider to give a choice of selecting the 4 or 5th piece with a +1 cost in order to maintain the challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Letsplay Another
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
This might be a good idea for a handicapping system against a weaker player or a child. For instance, let them choose from the next 4 or even 5 patches, while you can still only choose from the next 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.