Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To wrap up the night of new games, we tried out Pirate's Cove. I had leant Dan my copy of Blackbeard a few weeks ago, and he's all about pirate games now. Karla was gamed out, so she left us to sail about Pirate's Cove.

One of the pirate ships ranging the area was the Cacafuego, which Cap'n Dan quickly captured, netting him 5 points. Lee and I competed for a 3 Fame point island, and I blew him out of the water, using my smokescreen to good advantage.

Soon, Dan thought he could take on the two ladies pirates who replaced the Cacafuego, and nearly found Davey Jones' locker. I was peacefully gathering some treasure, and held a slim lead in victory points. Dan, however, was racking up treasure, and had Captain Flint's parrot to boot!

Then there was a big bunch of loot in one island, and all three of us got into a pitched battle. Lee was fastest, so he shot at me. Angered I shot back, and fended him off. In the meantime, however, Dan took shots at me. Dan and I then duked it out, but I was down to two dice, and I was rolling pitifully. I tried to take out his parrot, realizing the danger we would be in if Dan kept gathering treasure, but he crippled me before I could kill the stupid bird.

That was a critical juncture, as Dan soon dumped 23 treasure chests at treasure island! I kept trying to attack him to kill the parrot, but he was too wily. Another big part was when Lee had outfitted his ship beautifully and had taken on the twin pirate women. He had them down to 1 hull point and was all set to blow them up, when Lady Luck left him in the lurch. Within 3 rounds his ship was crippled again, and he cursed his pathetic pirating.

Dan became a little too bold with his huge lead, and though he sank the pirate lassies (losing his parrot - too little too late, I'm afraid), he was sunk by the Royal Navy on the last turn. I managed to cut into his huge lead a bit, but was nowhere near catching him despite all my attempts.

Dan was the scurviest, nastiest, most vilified pirate of the year.
Dan: 45
Mike: 30
Lee: 23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.