Subject: Question about Queen of the Deep Ones mystery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Ball
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Hydra can only be damaged by someone with the Sword of Y'ha-Talla artifact. So if the investigator dies trying to fit it what happens, because the defeated investigator would be on the same space as the Hydra do no one can encounter the investigator to recover the sword as you have to encounter monsters first.

Am I misunderstanding this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defeated investigators are moved to the nearest city space to be encountered there.

I don't know whether the Hydra can spawn on a city space but I suspect not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ball
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah of course! I knew I'd missed something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Hydra spawns on 8 iirc, so corpse would be accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we're safe with this answer for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if a future effect could spawn a random Epic monster on any space on the board, including a City. Or something that changes Space 8 into a City. Or any number of things like that.

So I'd rather have a future-proof rule.

Maybe an errata to the Queen of the Deep Ones that changes it to, "When an investigator would gain an Artifact, he may gain the Sword of Y'ha-Talla Artifact instead, no matter where it is."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if a future effect could spawn a random Epic monster on any space on the board, including a City.
Haunter of the Dark spawns in the City and it was bugged. It got huge errata, so I think the design team will remember about that case in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.