Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it the day we got it. Gorgeous art, excellent components, and we all enjoyed the game.

The one thing we couldn't figure out was what is the first player token.

Also, some of the tiles appear to have purple ropes. We played it as if they were blue, given they're hard to tell apart from the blue anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
Played it the day we got it. Gorgeous art, excellent components, and we all enjoyed the game.

Also, some of the tiles appear to have purple ropes. We played it as if they were blue, given they're hard to tell apart from the blue anyway.

Hi John,

Glad you enjoyed the game!

The first player token (called the Active Player Token in the rule book) is any of the six rectangular pieces showing either a carabiner, flask, med kit, ice axe, shovel, or camera. In a competitive game, it doesn't matter which one you use, as long as it is passed clockwise at the end of your turn (Active Player determines who gets what in case of a tie from an Event Card.) The choice and benefits of the Active Player Token are used only in the solo and cooperative modes (see page 5), and it doesn't affect scoring in a competitive game.

As for the purple ropes, I checked my tiles and all of the ice tiles are a consistent blue. The blue is pretty dark, so I'd venture a guess that they are ice tiles. If you could post pictures of blue vs. purple ropes, that could be an issue to address with the printer.

Thanks,

Dan (standing in for Conor while he's out for the weekend)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor McGoey
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
insideupgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:

Thank you John!
Dan's answers are all correct (it helps that he is the professional editor who did the rule book

And yes, could you please send me a photo of the purple ropes... there shouldn't be any!
Thanks again!
Conor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor McGoey
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
insideupgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sredni Vashtar wrote:

Dan (standing in for Conor while he's out for the weekend)

Dan you are a machine! Thank you for being the best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a picture, but it loses some of the color there. Thus I adjusted the overall colors in the picture, increasing the saturation and adjusting the temperature towards blue, and this is much more representative of how it looks. Blue is on the left, purple on the right.

Edit: added a better explanation of the color adjustments I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also studied the frames this evening, and it looks like these came from the frame with the orange flag tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor McGoey
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
insideupgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
I took a picture, but it loses some of the color there.

Thanks again John!
Yeah those are supposed to be blue. Can you please email me the raw un-edited photo to conor(at)insideupgames(dot)com
It looks like the printer may have been low in ink, because (from this photo) even the background ice looks lighter.

I'll forward it off to Panda and see what they say.
Thanks again,
Conor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While it doesn't bother me at all I also have some purple ice tile ropes. I was teaching the game to my group and explaining what the different tiles do, and one person said "what about the purple ropes?", so I looked closer and sure enough on some ice tiles, the ropes are purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor McGoey
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
insideupgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
I chatted with Panda and they say it's just part of the manufacturing process, they sent "extra pieces" which are at the fulfilment warehouse. I don't have them yet, but if you'd like I could look into having a sheet mailed out. It sounds like it was just one of the sheets (with the Orange flag tokens.)
Hopefully this isn't a reoccurring issue! Running out of "extras" wouldn't be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I was one of the ones that got the purple ropes batch too! Though it's obvious enough to our group that it's a printing error rather than an intentionally different color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.