2 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special Action Discard Pile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
At first I thought the Special Action card was simple: just do what the card says. But then when I was looking for a clarification on if there was a Recycle step, I found out that there was much more than what the card let on.

So let me know if I have this all correctly:

1 - During a Pulse or Finish, your discard piles will not recycle during the Recycle Step.

2 - Despite what the Special Action card says at the top, a Pulse does not remove the Special Action card from the game, but instead goes to discard pile 1 (I swear they could've fit this on the card). However, there is no recycling; does that mean these cards are added on top of any other cards already in the discard pile?

3 - Similarly, when playing a Cancel and you put the opponent's attack pair in their discard pile, do they get added on top of any cards already there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct, but your opponent's Discards will cycle. In addition, any Tokens or Counters that become attached to your Finisher (e.g. Vanaah, Kajia, Welsie) will fall into Discard 1.

2. Pulse removes Special Action from the game. The only case in which Special Action falls into Discard 1 in this manner is if you match Pulse vs Pulse, Cancel vs Cancel, or Finisher vs Finisher (with matching Priorities). A more complete explanation can be found here.

3. Yes. Then both players set a new attack pair for the current beat as though they had just clashed; in particular, there is no additional ante step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.