Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleport - Can you go to an inaccessible space, or must you have a legal flight path to it?

Duplicate - I assume the all or nothing rule applies to these extra ships as well? So if I don't have enough sundivers in reserve for the free activation I can't take any of it?

Squeeze - Do you draw the card before activation, or ret-con your turn? This can make a big difference depending on which station you're activating and how close to 13 energy you are. If you draw the last solar flare, do you still perform the activation?

Invade - If the targeted player has less sundivers in reserve than they are owed, can you still play this card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Spangler
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Jordan!

Great questions! No matter how much we worked on these effects I knew we would have questions on them, thanks for articulating these.

Teleport - You can teleport to any space on the board. You can even do it twice, if you have at least six movement.

Duplicate - Correct, you must have the sundivers available. It is tricky, yet powerful.

Squeeze - You activate, then draw the cards to find out how much you are able to spend. However, those cards to not come into effect until your turn is complete, so no, you don't resolve solar flares until *after* the activation is complete. This means you can stockpile energy for your Squeeze in hopes of getting the doubling, knowing you can't lose it during the Squeeze itself.

Invade - That is a great question. This is the only one I wasn't sure of before you asked it. If you are out of sundivers in your reserve, then you have them all in play somewhere. This makes me lean towards the victim just get whatever sundivers they have remaining, rather than constrain the cases where Invade can be used. I am becoming more certain of this as I type. You are using a red suit, these things can get bloody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does ret-con mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Retroactive continuity, a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Retroactive continuity, a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.

Thanks, never had seen that shorthand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.