Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While trolling KS, looking at TripLock, I stumbled upon this series of games by the same company, Chip Theory Games.

Wondering if I will like this game, seeing as I really liked Gladiator when I was younger, and the Solo Play is enticing.

Thoughts?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played the game you mention but I would suggest looking at some gameplay videos here on BGG or youtube.

Ricky Royal has made several good videos on solo play with all three Hoplo games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammNupuhZzk&list=PL5UyaJ4tfE...

Recently there have been many other game play videos from other people as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guh, of course. Forgot about You Tube.

Thanks for the reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Gladiator in DECADES but as I recall it, the Hoplo games are lighter and simpler but still require the kinds of strategic thinking required to be good at Gladiator. You do not create your gladiator and it is a team game, so those also affect game play. The mechanics are COMPLETELY different.

I enjoy it (and I enjoyed Gladiator) but it is different. So, it really depends on what you are looking for. YouTub might be your friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.