Hoplomachus: Rise of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: El Dorado, Xenadu and Atlantis against the Titans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nils
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Hello!

I opened my Rise of Rome box a few days ago and am already fighting in the great arena!

I think I've understood pretty well the rules but there is something I can't find out. They're about the civilizations of The Lost Cities.

As you've probably noticed, there are important tactical differences between the civilizations from TLC and the civilizations from ROR. The ones from TLC got abilities acting on other unities (often opposing ones). The ones from ROR are more based on defense or support.

After playing some matches with Rome and Pompeii, I decided to try out with the civilizations. But I felt some confusion when I remembered reading a post assuring that Titans are not considered as units.

Does it mean I can't use abilities such Pull, Extrem Pull, Fury Aura, Hurl etc. on the Titans? That restriction would make me think that these civilizations are not really optimized for ROR, what would be a shame.

What do you think? Could you give me your opinion?

Please forgive me if these details are explainded in the rulebook. I sometimes read too fast...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted FAQ for RoR and TLC in BGG file section which I think answers this.

TLC: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136410/hplomachus-faq-v14

RoR: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/146200/ror-faq

But to answer your question:

Yes, all Skills may affect all Bosses, Titans, and Champions unless otherwise noted (a few Titans have exceptions).

Also check out the chip theory website faq section
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Thanks! I hadn't had noticed there was a FAQ for RoR.

Let's go back to the Collosseum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bender18 wrote:
Thanks! I hadn't had noticed there was a FAQ for RoR.

Let's go back to the Collosseum!

Your specific question is only in the TLC faq though. This was to avoid all ability questions from TLC being in the FAQ for ROR as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.