Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this a couple of times, it became evident that a round tracker really should be included with this game. Other than just tossing in a 6-sided dice to use, I'm wondering if anyone has come up with anything on their own. Perhaps 5 sea shells?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean "turn" marker, then the number of cards played in a row (without a fuel token) indicates the number of turns played; if you play an extra card during the turn, just place the fuel token on it (see page 7 rules).

We sometimes have to think extra hard about whose turn it is to be captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Yes, I know this, and have read it in the rule book, but a "turn" tracker would make it so you don't need to worry about figuring anything out. I was just wondering if anyone had implemented anything creative to accomplish this. Thanks though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever used the number of cards played minus fuel tokens.
Sometimes we use something as 1st player marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly I'm surprised someone might get lost in this.
It seems easier for each player to count the cards in front of herself, rather than look at a common tracker in the middle of the table (and remember to move it each turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the deck of cards as the captain turn marker. Captain deals so whoever has the deck- it's their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that there is no need for a Captain tracker, as they have the deck of cards, so that's pretty obvious. I'll probably just toss an oversized 6 sider in the box to keep track of which turn number it is. Easy peasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
Agreed that there is no need for a Captain tracker, as they have the deck of cards, so that's pretty obvious. I'll probably just toss an oversized 6 sider in the box to keep track of which turn number it is. Easy peasy.

While you're certainly free to play this (or any) game any way you want, could you please explain what's wrong on this?

1) When using a Fuel token to keep an extra card, lay it directly on the card.

2) The round is over as soon as EACH player has 5 cards (not counting the cards with Fuel tokens) in front of her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
We use the deck of cards as the captain turn marker. Captain deals so whoever has the deck- it's their turn.

Yes, of course - so simple! We hadn't been doing that, partly as an artifact of playing so many 2 player games of Oceanos. Will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I was reading, but not "reeeeading." hehe. I understood you count the cards used minus the extra cards received from fuel tokens, but we were not placing the fuel tokens directly on those cards. Yep. Here's my sign. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.