Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategy games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question: What table size do you prefer for the AH or the Lookout/Mayfair version of 1830.

I think my 200cm x 75cm (6,6ft x 2,5ft) table is too small, but will my 180cm x 120cm (6ft x 4ft) be large enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use an IKEA NORDEN (155x90) and have no troubles playing that version with 5 players. With 180x120 it should be possible to play two games simultaneously meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
200 x 75 seems like plenty. A 4' wide table puts the map out of reach for some people.

In general, 18xx games want to be a little cramped, rather than the opposite, in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I use an IKEA NORDEN (155x90) and have no troubles playing that version with 5 players. With 180x120 it should be possible to play two games simultaneously meeple

We will be 6 players. Do you usually move the company boards in front of the dirctor? Where do you place the available track tyles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, charters in front of their directors, tiles wherever is space left. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just scaled my tables.

The table in the game room is 175 x 75 cm --> too small

The kitchen table is 160x100 cm --> would be good

The board of the Lookot/Mayfair edition is 69 x 56 cm

When I give all players a space of 25 cm to the boards I need a table of 210cm x 110cm.

I think I will enlagre the 175 x 75 cm by a wood chipboard to 210 x 110 cm:

3 players will sit at each long side, the face sides for poker chips and tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an example of my NORDEN with a 5-player 18xx; I guess the board and stock market display is similar to 1830 (although I don't know for sure):

A sixth player would sit on the left side which we use for the poker chips, so with six players, these would probably would be put on a side table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finaly we played the Lookout/Mayfair version on my game desk which I extended to 210x110 cm. Enough room for everything including some short rules, teapots and some more.

I think you need a minimum of 90cm in order to place one line of charters beside the main board. For 6 players 180cm length are comfortable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.