5 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » General

Subject: which Rum & Bones version to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mid god
msg tools
hey guys,

im strongly considering to buy Rum & Bones and trying to figure out which version would be the best.
Due to the fact that im living in europe its kind of expansive to just buy second tide right away but i do want to play with the improved rules. So i saw there is an upgrade kit containing everything Season 1 has to offer and saw a video of someone saying one does not really need second tide when owning the upgrade kit, so i was thinking about getting normal Rum & Bones with the upgrade kit thus having the new rules added to the game.
That means i would be playing just like second tide just with only 2 instead of 3 ships and some missing minis right? Or would it just be straight up better to pay more and get second tide right away? I do want a greater variety of heroes tho so im likely going to buy the upgrade kit anyway.
thanks in advance for any tips

wasn't sure which forum to post this in so i just put it here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get the original base game and the upgrade kit, you have all the components you need to play using Second Tide rules.

The upgrade kit doesn't include the updated rules themselves, but you can download them from CMON at no charge.

Definitely worth playing with the Second Tide rules, but doesn't matter which factions you use. All of them are fun. So if the original game plus upgrade kits works well for you, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should consider that the Upgrade kit is still not available.

I think that the releases are as follows:
Blutrausch Legion and Heroes box in July
Hammers of Ragnarok in August
Upgrade Kit in September

They may also release the Viking heroes box in September, but it's not been confirmed.

Edit: seems like Rum & Bones releases are being delayed (at least in Europe), so we may not expect the Upgrate kit before October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy second tide now instead and play it, then when the upgrade kit is released I would buy the first wave and the kit. Also you can buy kraken pledge for a decent amount considering how much it has to offer, the game is well worth the cash, so much fun both in 1v1 and multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i love the art from season 1 better i think than my season2. i would go with 1 with you can find it cheaper, grab the digital rules, print off the score tracker and make a couple missing tokens (vp counter for each team, first player, kraken point marker, and just activated tokens). you don't really handle them and they are just for tracking purposes so cheap paper holds you over until upgrade pack releases.

OR
go season 2, get upgrade pack and just proxy season 1 with season2 minis.

Or just go whole hog and get all the things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.