Dixit» Forums » General

Subject: Dixit Insert from War Box, a small review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koen Dekker
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've owned Dixit for a few years now along with 2 expansions. During that time I always stored the cards in their original boxes. The main reason for this was because the original Dixit game, the one with the scoring-track 'insert', couldn't really fit any expansions. Carrying around the 3 boxes was a little annoying and it didn't look great on the shelf. However I didn't know any better so I just accepted it.

Enter Eldritch Horror. When I bought that beast of a game along with some expansions I quickly learned about a thing called custom inserts. Mind blown I started looking for custom inserts for all my games, including Dixit. Enter this product from War Box:

I was a little scared at first but honestly it's really simple to put together. You can press out all the pieces easily and everything fits together smoothly. The manual isn't detailed but it's clear enough that even a newbie like me could figure it out. That said I still had a friend put everything together since he more precise, careful and experienced when it comes to building stuff (he crafted his own bed, so an insert wasn't really a challenge ).

The base of the insert, without glue. The wood is thin but solid. Everything fits together neatly but you will need glue to make to keep it from falling apart or shaking all around.

The part that goes on top of the base insert. We decided to glue all of the sides and the middle part that goes on top of the other 2. Really only 2 sides where kinda loose but we glued the rest just to make sure.

Next up we had to cut all the sides from the original insert. This means both the inner and outer sides of the board. The end result is this:

I'm really happy how the final product turned out. It looks great and functions perfectly. The insert is big enough to hold the base game + 5 expansions. It can hold sleeved cards. Most importantly for me, it still allows you to use the original scoring track! Not only is this a fun way to keep track of score (functionality not being a prime concern for Dixit), it also seals the cards nicely and keeps the joyous look of the original insert.

All in all I'm really happy with the product War Box delivered and would recommend it other people.

War Box can be found here: http://www.warbox.pl/pl/p/Insert-do-gry-Dixit/43
Note that War Box is a Polish company and their site is, as of right now, exclusively in Polish. Google translate did the trick for me.
The total cost was 25€, I believe 13€ was the shipping cost from Poland to the Netherlands.

The one strange part of the ordering process is that I had to buy the product through email. Basically their site if just for browsing/people in Poland. International users have to mail them their address, War Box will then calculate a total price. Then if you accept you can pay them through a banktransfer, they will sent out the product and that's it. For me this meant not knowing what was happening for a few days until I got an email that said the insert would arrive the next day between 11:10 and 12:10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like their Puerto Rico organisor...will have a closer look at that.
But €13 from Poland to Netherlands for a flatpack envelope is too expensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.