Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Miller
United States
Efland
NC
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
So my thinking, is that if you die, loose 5 zombies and go back to start tile. If you are on the helipad tile when someone enters w/o zombies on tile, score 15 points. If you are not on the tile, score points equal to 10 minus the number of tiles away you are (orthagonally). Game ends when helicopter takes off.

Another option is to include all the non-building-specific-weapons in the deck. Make a second deck of the building-specific-weapons. If you end your turn in a building, draw an extra card from the building-specific deck. If it allows you to take a weapon, take it. If not, tough luck. Keep in mind, its risky to stay in buildings because your movement is limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mease19 wrote:
Another option is to include all the non-building-specific-weapons in the deck. Make a second deck of the building-specific-weapons. If you end your turn in a building, draw an extra card from the building-specific deck. If it allows you to take a weapon, take it. If not, tough luck. Keep in mind, its risky to stay in buildings because your movement is limited.
What we do is to let players play building-specific weapons at any time, but face down if not in the right building. Playing such a card count as your one card per turn allowance. Game-wise the card is no longer considered part of your hand nor as lying on the table, so it cannot be touched. The moment you enter the correct building, you may flip over the card as if just played. This action does not count towards any limitations.
Playing with this rule has the advantage of players never getting stuck with a handful of useless cards. It also adds to the excitement when people starts to pile up "hidden" weapons.
But your variant also sounds interesting. It gives players a bonus for entering buildings. Hmmm, I'm not sure which solution is the best...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Meadows
United States
Independence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of playing a weapon card face down until you get in the building. One rule that I originally read wrong, but loved the effect was playing one card per turn.

We allowed people to play one card per each players turn. This really made the game interesting as you could play cards both offensively and defensively in the same round. In theory you could empty your hand before you started your turn this way. It made for all sorts of fun like one person playing the keys are still in (move upto 10 spaces), another playing bad sense of direction, or someone rolling a 6 then a player plays brain cramp(they decide where to move the player) on them, then they play your shoes untied (halving the movement).

Playing more than one card per round, but only once per each players active turn is great fun especially if you have the Zombies 3.5 expansion, and Zombies 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The group I play with was thinking about something similar. Basically, if you have a building specific weapon card, and that building tile is in play, then you can use the card. IE, "I took this off some dead guy" so that way it can be used. Otherwise, you just end up holding a weapon that you are not likely to use, as the tile gets laid down on the opposite side of the map from where you are standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls