Tim Nagels
Belgium
Olen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So,

As there are conflicting answers throughout the forums and as the rulebook is not entirely clear to me:

1. A priest gives a "discount" on your offering (reducing the price to be paid by one each) AND you can't offer what you can't afford.. does that mean that: If I have 3 priests and 5 gp, I can bid max. 5 gp and only pay 2 as I get a discount of 3? Or can I bid 8 at which point it technically is not a discount and I bod more than what I can afford. In the second case, Priests are a bit OP as they offer free income.
2. Harbours and fortresses give a +1 DEFENSIVE bonus if there's a battle on relevant isles or sea spaces. In the case of a fortress, this needs no clarification. But what if I attack in a sea space next to one of my isles with a harbour? I am then an attacker, so I can't add a +1 as the rules say it's a defensive bonus?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can bid 8, since that's an amount you can definitely afford to pay. The rule of thumb being : "if you win that bid, can you pay for it ?". In your case the answer is yes, so it is legal.

2. It is a defensive bonus indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.