Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have some questions after my first play, regarding when using the Native Alliance Expansion, and a faction you control has an "Alliance Victory Card" (Cards 1-10).

1) When you get a card that is a home area for your faction, do you now treat it just like it was a green area as far as placing a victory marker on that area? Usually you never place victory point tokens on your home areas, so this was a little counter-intuitive

2) I only place a victory marker on the indicated territory when I have at least 1 unit of my faction and at least 1 native unit on that territory (listed on card)? And then If I ever move units from that territory, as to not have at least 1 of my sides units(either faction) on it the victory token is removed?

Rules Text on Native Alliance Expansion Card:

Quote:

Alliance Victory Cards (Cards 1-10)
When the faction with a Victory Card occupies the Victory Area highlighted on the Victory Cards with an army comprised of at least one of their Units and a Native Unit, the player places an additional control marker in that Victory Area.

If the Victory Area is lost, the additional control marker can be replaced when the Victory Area is re-occupied as described above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
I have some questions after my first play, regarding when using the Native Alliance Expansion, and a faction you control has an "Alliance Victory Card" (Cards 1-10).

1) When you get a card that is a home area for your faction, do you now treat it just like it was a green area as far as placing a victory marker on that area? Usually you never place victory point tokens on your home areas, so this was a little counter-intuitive

2) I only place a victory marker on the indicated territory when I have at least 1 unit of my faction and at least 1 native unit on that territory (listed on card)? And then If I ever move units from that territory, as to not have at least 1 of my sides units(either faction) on it the victory token is removed?

Rules Text on Native Alliance Expansion Card:

Quote:

Alliance Victory Cards (Cards 1-10)
When the faction with a Victory Card occupies the Victory Area highlighted on the Victory Cards with an army comprised of at least one of their Units and a Native Unit, the player places an additional control marker in that Victory Area.

If the Victory Area is lost, the additional control marker can be replaced when the Victory Area is re-occupied as described above.
1) No, you don't get to place a marker there just for occupying it like you would in a green area.

2) You place an additional VP marker when you have at least one of your units and a native cube in the area.

If the card you draw is for an area in a native or enemy home area the area is not potentially worth 2 VP for you (the first as usual if you have nay units there, the second only when you also have at least one native)
if the card you draw is for your home area then it is now worth up to 1 VP for you, and that is awarded as long as you have at least one of your units and a native in the area.

EDIT: Basically, these cards add VP in addition to the VP rules in the basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

If the card you draw is for an area in a native or enemy home area the area is not potentially worth 2 VP for you (the first as usual if you have nay units there, the second only when you also have at least one native)
if the card you draw is for your home area then it is now worth up to 1 VP for you, and that is awarded as long as you have at least one of your units and a native in the area.

EDIT: Basically, these cards add VP in addition to the VP rules in the basic game.

And as long as you have one unit of your side in that area you keep the victory point ... Or do you have to keep a unit of the faction with the card and a native there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

And as long as you have one unit of your side in that area you keep the victory point ... Or do you have to keep a unit of the faction with the card and a native there?

You need the native as well; that's the premise of all of those alliance cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
So just to be clear ...

You put the victory token on the area depicted on card if you control the area with at least one unit of your faction and at least one native unit.

THEN

You remove the victory token if you ever control the area depicted on the card if you control it with less than 1 unit of you faction AND at least 1 native unit.

You would also remove the victory token if you left the area empty, only a unit from the other faction on your side occupied (with native or without), or if the enemy side gained control of it.

Is that all correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
So just to be clear ...

You put the victory token on the area depicted on card if you control the area with at least one unit of your faction and at least one native unit.

THEN

You remove the victory token if you ever control the area depicted on the card if you control it with less than 1 unit of you faction AND at least 1 native unit.

You would also remove the victory token if you left the area empty, only a unit from the other faction on your side occupied (with native or without), or if the enemy side gained control of it.

Is that all correct?
I think so, the way I would explain it is as follows:
If you have at least 1 unit of the faction with the alliance card and at least 1 native in the specified region you place the VP counter. If at any time the previous doesn't apply you remove the VP counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
So just to be clear ...

THEN

Is that all correct?
I think so, the way I would explain it is as follows:
If you have at least 1 unit of the faction with the alliance card and at least 1 native in the specified region you place the VP counter. If at any time the previous doesn't apply you remove the VP counter.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.