1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Credit where it's due rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a response from Brian Shotton this morning about my missing minion pledges.

He said that he would send them tomorrow.

I thanked him for his assistance and confirmed my address.

I have no problems letting MCG have both barrels when they do wrong, so it's only fair I comment when things go right.

Hopefully Skipp my piggybacker will have his Kanis/Blackwall sets soon.

Sure, it's a few months late, but I'm not really bothered by delays, just a lack of communication.

This has nothing to do with the fulfilment of our other stuff of course, but maybe, just maybe, it's a sign that things are moving in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am really wondering what is happening, we can say a lot of things, but i don't think they let the situation worsen (?) just because they don't care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any reaction or life sign is good i guess! :)

lets hope for the big update in the JM KS soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
I am really wondering what is happening, we can say a lot of things, but i don't think they let the situation worsen (?) just because they don't care.

We just don't know.

Speculation is all we can do, but it's pointless really until someone somewhere says something.

I just wanted to report on something that's dragged on for months that finally looks like it's being resolved. Better late than never.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still missing replacements for both Myth 2.0 and Mercs:Recon that Brian said he'd ship back in January.

I'd wait to give praise until you actually RECEIVE the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus,

It's been a long journey but hopefully we're finally getting a positive result, due largely to your determination to keep pursuing this! I greatly appreciate your efforts but think there must be times when you wished you'd never made the offer to let me piggyback on your pledge. cry

On occasion this whole process has felt like a little sandbox story all of its own. I initially wanted to be part of the Kickstarter to support Megacon as I really enjoyed Myth but had picked up my Captains pledge on the secondary market. Its disappointing therefore that if I'm lucky I might get two boxes that I could have picked up as a non backer at Gencon last year around the time of Gencon 2018.....

But hey I'm all for happy endings so fingers crossed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too... I wanted so badly for MegaCon to succeed, mainly because their former office (before they vacated) was 2 blocks from my house, and I loved the idea of a local board game company to support... especially with a dungeon crawler type game system (I grew up on HeroQuest, and that's what started my interest in the tabletop game hobby). I even offered to stop by their office on occasion to help, but that was right after they had moved out.

I didn't join Kickstarter until after both of the Recon and JM were complete, but got on the Emergence Event expansion and Dark Frontier campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohde8781 wrote:
I'm still missing replacements for both Myth 2.0 and Mercs:Recon that Brian said he'd ship back in January.

Oh, I'm not counting my chickens yet, Cris.

But we take our victories where we can with MCG.

Let's see if Brian will follow through as he promised. Whether he does or doesn't, I'll post my findings here.

Skipp wrote:
Marcus,
It's been a long journey but hopefully we're finally getting a positive result, due largely to your determination to keep pursuing this! I greatly appreciate your efforts but think there must be times when you wished you'd never made the offer to let me piggyback on your pledge. cry

No, I don't regret it at all I'm just sorry you've had to wait and grateful for your patience.

Hopefully we'll all get what we are owed soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Johnson
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm still waiting for Megacon to even acknowledge my requests for some Mercs Recon replacements. All I need is a single card and a few bases. But they'd rather just let us fans hang in the breeze, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any Hope for all the modules I paid for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
Is there any Hope for all the modules I paid for?

That's what we are all waiting to hear. Hopefully this NDA lifts and we can all hear what is going to happen with the IP and the hundreds of dollars we all spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like as good of a place as any to post this.

I got a random email from MERCS this afternoon saying that my products had shipped. I figured it was Emergence Event: The Awakening, which was due to arrive at Kable's facility on Tuesday 7/11.

I looked at the packing slip, and it was actually for the 2x sets of colored fate dice I purchased during the Pledge Manager so long ago.

So, no idea what to make of that. But stuff is shipping. Kinda, I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

I got a random email from MERCS this afternoon saying that my products had shipped. I figured it was Emergence Event: The Awakening, which was due to arrive at Kable's facility on Tuesday 7/11.

I looked at the packing slip, and it was actually for the 2x sets of colored fate dice I purchased during the Pledge Manager so long ago.

They will fulfil our orders, one random dice pack at a time

Would be interested to know what actually ends up in the box. Shipping any part of the pledge piecemeal right now seems a total reverse on the last stated claim that "all remaining stuff will come in one wave.

I'd put good money on that being some weird clerical error right now. But nothings beyond believable at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

From the Myth JM pledgemanager? Was that the only add-on you had?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

They will fulfil our orders, one random dice pack at a time

Would be interested to know what actually ends up in the box. Shipping any part of the pledge piecemeal right now seems a total reverse on the last stated claim that "all remaining stuff will come in one wave.

I'd put good money on that being some weird clerical error right now. But nothings beyond believable at this point.

Yes, clerical error. A bunch of people in the Emergent Event KS comments are getting the same email, and they never backed Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, echoing Jorune... If you got a shipping notice from Mercs for "Myth Dice", it's actually the Emergence Event Awakenings expansion KS delivery. I got the same e-mail, and I didn't back Myth JM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
Bohde8781 wrote:

Oh, I'm not counting my chickens yet, Cris.

But we take our victories where we can with MCG.

Let's see if Brian will follow through as he promised. Whether he does or doesn't, I'll post my findings here.

Marcus, any updates? Did you ever get replacement parts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohde8781 wrote:

Marcus, any updates? Did you ever get replacement parts?

I'll give you three guesses.

And the first two don't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update - Brian replied by email today and says he will get the tracking numbers for me.

So that story might have a happy ending after all.

I'll keep you posted, be it good news or bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
msg tools
So.... Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as I updated, I had an email from Brian saying he'd sent it.

It's been tracked across the Atlatntic Pond and finally arrived in Good Old Blighty, where -

- PLOT TWIST!!!-

it has been kidnapped by The Darkness HM Customs and held for ransom.

But hey, even I can't blame MCG for the latter. (Unless they didn't put sufficient postage on it or something...)

So my next step is working how to get it from customs, and thence to Skipp/Barry my patient piggy-backer, who has received nothing thus far.

We may, or may not, ever get our stretch goals, but it would be nice to get the core sets into his hands at least. It's been a funny, strange old ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:

- PLOT TWIST!!!-

it has been kidnapped by The Darkness HM Customs and held for ransom.

They have to be sure the package doesn't contain any tribbles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:

I think the Tribbles were stretch goals, so I'm not expecting them 'til the next wave...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
davro33 wrote:

I think the Tribbles were stretch goals, so I'm not expecting them 'til the next wave...

No, they are in there - mcg just couldn't tell you about it because of the NDA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's now freed from captivity and making it's way from the Midlands to darkest Wales!

Might we still have a happy ending?

Marcus Taylor has requested that you receive a USPS Tracking® update, as shown below.

USPS Tracking® e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Service Type: International Parcels
Processed through Facility COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM August 11, 2017 8:30 am
Held in Customs COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM August 8, 2017 10:37 am
Held in Customs COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM August 8, 2017 10:36 am
Held in Customs COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM August 8, 2017 10:35 am
Held in Customs COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM August 8, 2017 10:34 am
Processed Through Facility UNITED KINGDOM August 8, 2017 10:30 am
Departed LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM August 5, 2017 6:26 am
Departed DETROIT, UNITED STATES August 4, 2017 5:42 pm
Departed CHICAGO, UNITED STATES August 4, 2017 1:00 am
Arrived CHICAGO, UNITED STATES August 3, 2017 2:35 pm
Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) August 2, 2017 6:02 pm
Arrived at Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) August 2, 2017 6:02 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER August 2, 2017 2:49 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER August 2, 2017 10:40 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER August 2, 2017 4:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER August 1, 2017 6:25 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility FAIRFIELD, OH 45014 August 1, 2017 5:10 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item FAIRFIELD, OH 45014 August 1, 2017 12:18 pm

Reminder: USPS Tracking® by email
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.