Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Takenoko» Forums » General

Subject: Need help clarifying a few rules please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I just played my first game of Takenoko yesterday with my girlfriend, and we both enjoyed it. We did run into a few minor questions that we couldn't figure out in the rulebook however. Could anybody here clarify these for us:

- Can the Panda and gardener both occupy the same plot after the game starts?

- What if you roll the storm, but there's no bamboo on any tiles for the panda to eat (unlikely but possible early on)? Does he just go to a tile and not eat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yes, the panda and gardener can be on the same space.

The storm lets you move the panda anywhere, it doesn't have to follow normal rules.

When you move the panda, you eat if there is bamboo there and don't eat if there isn't. Even if there is bamboo available, it's possible you would want to move the panda to an empty square as a defensive move. Note that if you foolishly move the panda to a tile with bamboo that has the "panda can't eat" improvement... you don't get to eat. But nobody would ever be dumb enough to make that mistake whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:
I just played my first game of Takenoko yesterday with my girlfriend, and we both enjoyed it. We did run into a few minor questions that we couldn't figure out in the rulebook however. Could anybody here clarify these for us:

Yes.

rilos wrote:
- What if you roll the storm, but there's no bamboo on any tiles for the panda to eat (unlikely but possible early on)? Does he just go to a tile and not eat?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Genender
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:

- When the storm is rolled on the dice, can the panda move anywhere (to any tile in play), or does his movements have to follow his regular movement rules (straight line)?

1. Yes
2. Anywhere, provided it is a different tile than the origin. You can choose not to move, but it won't eat.
3. The Panda can always go to a tile, either with the action or the Storm.
It actually doesn't matter if there is bamboo available or not.

Also remember that all the benefits awarded by the die can be ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks a lot for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.