Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: Noir» Forums » Rules

Subject: Goblin, Underworld Boss/Deadlands Villain group situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, since Secret Wars, VP pile order matters.Curious as to how you guys would handle this.

Goblin UB master strike snags two random bystanders from each players VP pile, So you'd have to sort out all the bystanders and remove two random ones. Would you simply put the remaining bystanders back on top of the VP pile? Or would you maybe shuffle them back in the VP pile and let fate determine what's on top?

No biggie, just curious as to what you would do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm.... I guess I'd just roll a die and count down through the bystanders in the VP pile. (Barring a die, maybe cut to a random card in the hero deck and use the cost as the random value.) So if I rolled a 5, I'd count down to the 5th bystander, looping around to the top as needed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
So, since Secret Wars, VP pile order matters.Curious as to how you guys would handle this.

Goblin UB master strike snags two random bystanders from each players VP pile, So you'd have to sort out all the bystanders and remove two random ones. Would you simply put the remaining bystanders back on top of the VP pile? Or would you maybe shuffle them back in the VP pile and let fate determine what's on top?

No biggie, just curious as to what you would do.


In the times I've played with Goblin, I put them back on top - especially since I know I'll need to separate them out agin later. I try to minimize the "fickle-ness".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:
So, since Secret Wars, VP pile order matters.Curious as to how you guys would handle this.

Goblin UB master strike snags two random bystanders from each players VP pile, So you'd have to sort out all the bystanders and remove two random ones. Would you simply put the remaining bystanders back on top of the VP pile? Or would you maybe shuffle them back in the VP pile and let fate determine what's on top?

No biggie, just curious as to what you would do.


In the times I've played with Goblin, I put them back on top - especially since I know I'll need to separate them out agin later. I try to minimize the "fickle-ness".


But Scott is saying that there are some cards that care about the order of the cards in the Victory Pile, such as which card is on top.

So I think I would try Jason's method.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this helps but the only cards that need to stay in order in your Victory Pile are those above the most recent Villain you have defeated that does not have Rise of the Living Dead (or the most recent Mastermind Tactic). Those cards will stay in your Victory Pile (unless you're doing a Dark Alliance with Loki or Baron Helmut Zemo) and so the order of cards below them no longer matters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Not sure if this helps but the only cards that need to stay in order in your Victory Pile are those above the most recent Villain you have defeated that does not have Rise of the Living Dead (or the most recent Mastermind Tactic). Those cards will stay in your Victory Pile (unless you're doing a Dark Alliance with Loki or Baron Helmut Zemo) and so the order of cards below them no longer matters.


I certainly don't know all of the cards, but I also like coming up with interpretations for the future. I could easily see game elements in the future referring to things like, "This Villain's attack is equal to the total of the Victory Points of the top 3 cards in your VP pile." Or, "If the bottom card of your VP pile is a Bystander, move it to the top. KO a card for each Bystander in the top 5 cards. Shuffle your VP pile."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.