Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance this sounds similar to Ultimate Warriorz. I haven't played either but had my eye on Ultimate Warriorz for a while. Anyone played both and willing to give some insights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien PLACE
msg tools
Both game have the same thème, but they have major differences.

Ultimate warriorz is easier to play, and can be played nicely with any number of player from 4 to 8 (not strategic enough to be played 1v1, and 3 players isn't enough to balance the character's various stats). The fact that each character plays different than one other is quite good, but they are terribly balanced : some are juste too weak (cactus) and will end up losing every time. Don't play this game if you don't want a chaotic and sometimes unfair experience (very fun tho). The game relies a LOT on dice rolls and manipulating peoples against another, so I define it as a party dice game.

In my opinion, Arena For The Gods is a better Ultimate Warriorz. It has the same "manipulate the other so that they don't attack you" theme but in a Waaaaaaay more balanced way. The bidding at the start make the difference between each player's kit feels more fair, and there's actually more strategy during the actual fight than in UW. The combos are more surprising and fun too ! HOWEVER, this game is much harder than UW, takes longer, and have more strategy involved in it (it's still quite a easy game). Plus, the number of players is limited : I think it plays at it's best with 4 players, and I know that 2 and 3 players are OK, but I'm not sure at all if it would still be good with more than 4 players. I guess you can compare it to King of Tokyo in that regard (in terms of difficulty too I think). Aftg's replayability is better too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.