Frostgrave» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat as a group with multiple minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R S
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Yesterday I play my first game of Frostgrave. It was also the first I play a miniature game with free movement (i.e. with the use of rule like Warhammer). It was quite fun actually.

The rulebook is very straightforward. I misinterpreted a few points, by reading too fast, but not dramatic. For example, during the soldier phase, I activate 1 soldier, then other player activate 1 soldier, then I activate 1 solider and so one. But in reality the player with initiative plays all his soldiers, then the other player plays all his soldiers.

There was one point that was definitively not clear: in a combat with multiple minis, which minis can actually fight?

A1-B-A2
(A1 and A2 belongs to player 1, B to player 2).\

Player 1 plays first:

- A1 attacks B. A1 get a bonus of +2 because of support from A2.
Player 1 roll his D20, and player 2 roll his D20 to defend.
Combat is resolved, damage applied.
End of combat

- Now my question: can A2 also attack? And if he attacks, does he get support from A1 as well?

In our game, we played as if A2 gave support, he couldn't attack this turn.
but we might be wrong and A2 give similarly attack.

Thanks,
Helruyn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A2 should be able to attack also, with support from A1.

If B wins the first combat, he can choose to move the losing figure back 1 inch or himself back 1 inch (though I will have to double check to see if that still applies if he is in base to base with a 2nd enemy figure, but I don't remember reading anything about that). So if B move the loser back 1 inch, then A1 can't give support to A2. If B mover back an inch, then A2 would likely move and attack hum anyway.

Not a good idea to get teamed up on, but it happens. The good thing in this game is that the attacker can actually take damage from the defender, so nothing is guaranteed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok for A1 and A2 that can both attack.

I checked the rulebook, nothing is written if B is allowed or not to escape in a multi combat.

Edit: I found the "official" forum with the FAQ:
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=80477.msg990568...
Quote:
If a miniature is in combat with two opponents. Each of those opponents may spend an action to attack. Each one will gain the bonus of support from the other figure.

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=80477.msg990082...
Quote:
You played it correctly. He can push the one he beat in combat back, but is still held in place by the other one.

So a soldier cannot escape from multiple combat. If B wins, he can push A1 1" away, but will have to stick with A2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.