Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday July 12, 2017.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good crowd at the Legion on Wednesday night.

I started off by teaching Sylvain, Tony and Remi Near and Far (now with my newly arrived metal coins). I started out questing early and the reputation I gained from that first encounter hurt my ability to get two of my artifact cards out. Tony had great movement and exploited this to quest far, gaining the resources neeed to get out some nice artifact cards and tie with Sylvain for the lead in trade routes. In addition he maxed out on the reputation track. Remi did quite well with artifact cards, tying Sylvain for the lead in artifact cards as well as earning points from a chief. Sylvain did quite well on Artifact cards, trade routes and threat tokens but was a couple camps shy of placing his last one. I got my camps out fast but struggled to get artifact cards. I had three left in hand when I triggered the endgame. One would have been worth 11 points but it would have taken me 2 more actions to complete and I was sure that Tony would have ended the game by then. As it was I think I should have ended the game even earlier. Tony ended up winning with 62 points. Lots of fun was had by all.

Next, Sylvain taught Tony and Remi Kingdomino and I joined in for the fun. Tony won the first, relatively low scoring game. In the second game Sylvain showed us how the game is really played with a couple of large, high scoring areas in his tableau. This is a very fun filler but I'd like to see a few extra tiles so that in a four player game there is some uncertainty about the distribution of tiles in the game.

Other games I saw played included Element, Above and Below, Rialto, Citadels, Linko! and TransAmerica.

Have a great week. See you all next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.