Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more questions came up when starting playing Wildenstein.

Do you get to keep your fate points between acts?

Does an act end immediately once you fulfilled the victory conditions, or do you get to play the current round through? (for example use healing spells to get into a better shape for the next act).

At what point do you draw / redraw your starting hand of 5 cards? Before or after combat starts? Could make a difference if you know what henchmen you are facing.

Items like Arbosh shields. I assume the effect to force the enemy to rereoll damage can only be used when you exhaust it against an enemy's attack. Or is it always in play, and you just exhaust it for the protection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Freddi
Italy
flag msg tools
You keep Fate Point, since in the End of Combat section doesn't say otherwise.

You end the act immediately.

Drawing the 5 cards is the last point in the Start of Combat section, so you first setup everything (leaders, henchmen, other adventure cards...)

Since the effect is after the Exhaust icon i think it's after you use it.
If it would be always active they would put it before
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Murphy
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, at the end of Acts 1 and 2 of Legacy of Wildenstein, it says "Read the effects of your victory in the section "End of an Adventure" in the Adventure rules." I'm certain that it should read "Read the effects of your victory in the section "End of COMBAT" in the Adventure rules.

In End of Combat section it states (In case of a victory (between Acts of a given Adventure)) "The Hero retains all fate points she had at the end of combat." So, you can keep them between Acts, Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it should say "End of Combat" after Acts I and II.

Given that this is one of a couple of topics being discussed in different threads, I started a new thread here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.