wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goal: To get something in the same difficulty range as online Diplomacy for giving movement orders. Working towards making it more human friendly and is now using arrows to select directions and has a "star marks the spot" on the map when you select a ship to move.

Rules are short. http://thesingularitytrap.com/hidden/quickrules.pdf
But no need to read the rules in order to have an opinion on this part. Just looking at the above picture may be enough.

To see the movement interface: http://thesingularitytrap.com/play/map.php?gamename=magenta&...

The current status has 2 ships with already transmitted orders (are in transit). The Store Order button functions but I have disabled the Transmit buttons. Reload the page to reset stored orders.

Thinking in terms of a boardgame prototype using written orders like Diplomacy and some naval miniature battles -- is this method of entering orders reasonable for an online prototype of that boardgame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: movement interface test request - online boardgame prototype
A note on the star positioning - it varies slightly by browser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: movement interface test request - online boardgame prototype
In the unlikely event that anyone was looking at the movement link when I changed things (it had been set up using the AAR copy and since I decided to keep it a permanent link on the intro page I copied database tables and games folder files over to the same copy of the game I used for the Display example and freed up the designated AAR copy) the link has now been updateded in the original post (uses the copy in the "play" folder on the server instead of the one in the "seeme" folder now).

Still hoping for a few comments, even from just looking at the screenshot pic in the first post.

Is it easy enough to enter orders now that the map has a star marking the selected ship's location (2D coordinates)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.