Subject: Map editor not exporting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love games with a hidden traitorMicrobadge: Social deduction games fanMicrobadge: Party GamerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Translator
Is it just me or the map editor doesn't allow me to export the maps I create?

http://www.escapefromthealiensinouterspace.com/mapeditor.htm...

Nothing happens when I click Print Map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try with a different browser (Firefox) or downloading the standalone app. It should open a print dialog window from which you can save to PDF.

Let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love games with a hidden traitorMicrobadge: Social deduction games fanMicrobadge: Party GamerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Translator
I tried on a different computer and it works. I now see a pop-up window asking me to print it.

However, the problem is still there because I don't own a printer and that window asks me to install one. And all I wanted to do was saving the pdf...
(Same happens with the standalone app: It asks me to install a printer)

I could solve it by installing a virtual print-to-pdf printer but it would be much better if the next version of the map editor allows the export as pdf directly without the need of installing a virtual printer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
xavi2k wrote:
I tried on a different computer and it works. I now see a pop-up window asking me to print it.

However, the problem is still there because I don't own a printer and that window asks me to install one. And all I wanted to do was saving the pdf...
(Same happens with the standalone app: It asks me to install a printer)

I could solve it by installing a virtual print-to-pdf printer but it would be much better if the next version of the map editor allows the export as pdf directly without the need of installing a virtual printer
You are right! Back then when we made the map editor flash did not have an option to output as PDF so that's the best we could do back then.

Fortunately there are a bunch of options to print to PDF, have a look: https://www.howtogeek.com/150891/how-to-print-to-pdf-in-wind...

We'd like to make a new html5 version of the map editor one day tho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls