Subject: Reality hits the Repubs Hard on Trumpcare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/republican-party-ques...

When they finally realize that, hey, repeal and replace was not as easy as it sounds. Sure every one of them liked the repeal part, but the replace part is where it got them. Too many different views on healthcare, from their own party members. McConnell himself suggesting that work with the Dems to "shore up" Obamacare may be the best they can do.

Which, in the end, is what the Dems were talking about all along.

Now, hopefully, the Repubs will reach across the aisle, in a meaningful way, that will allow Obamacare to be tweaked, in an effort to get rid of some of the jagged edges. It was never going to be perfect, but it was a long, hard-fought process in getting it, and it seems to have helped people that needed it most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Now, hopefully, the Repubs will reach across the aisle, in a meaningful way, that will allow Obamacare to be tweaked, in an effort to get rid of some of the jagged edges. It was never going to be perfect, but it was a long, hard-fought process in getting it, and it seems to have helped people that needed it most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
On one hand, whatever gets the best system possible I'm all for. Regardless of who gets the credit, blame or whatever. I'm a cancer survivor in my 40s and fortunately I had good insurance...even so it's a LOT of $$ to go through a major issue. Many people aren't so lucky.

On the other: fuck you, GOP. You deserve to lose on this. You spent most of a decade fighting against "Obamacare" and coming up with nothing of your own.

I hate the name "Obamacare" in the same way I hate how "liberal" is a modern curse word. To reply in kind, "Trumpcare" is the GOP version no matter what they want to try to name it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

When they finally realize that, hey, repeal and replace was not as easy as it sounds. Sure every one of them liked the repeal part, but the replace part is where it got them. Too many different views on healthcare, from their own party members.

It might have been easier if they hadn't been so determined to trade HEALTH care for RICH care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgarthewoebringer wrote:

I hate the name "Obamacare" in the same way I hate how "liberal" is a modern curse word. To reply in kind, "Trumpcare" is the GOP version no matter what they want to try to name it.
It's not just the Trumpsterfire's plan, Paul Ryan had a hand in it too. So call it what it is "TryanCare"
(sound it out)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cooler king wrote:

It's not just the Trumpsterfire's plan, Paul Ryan had a hand in it too. So call it what it is "TryanCare"
(sound it out)

Seriously guys, President Trump hasn't even read it, let alone help write it. This is the GOP in the House and the Senate. Calling this TrumpCare is absurd.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soup Pilgrim
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Sagrilarus wrote:
cooler king wrote:

(sound it out)

Seriously guys, President Trump hasn't even read it, let alone help write it. This is the GOP in the House and the Senate. Calling this TrumpCare is absurd.

S.

Trump or not it's the result of crony capitalism. Corporations are buying legislation. I also have a problem with libertarians/conservatives saying crony capitalism isn't capitalism. It's quite clearly EXACTLY pure capitalism doing what it naturally would without enough protections in place to stop it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
cooler king wrote:

(sound it out)

S.

Its over three pages and not bullet format (max 9 bullets a page too).

I am not joking when i say i do not think he could understand it if he did try to read out.

Add in possible (likely?) Sundowner syndrome and he might not be capable of remembering enough after reading to comprehend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:
cooler king wrote:

(sound it out)

S.

Its over three pages and not bullet format (max 9 bullets a page too).

I am not joking when i say i do not think he could understand it if he did try to read out.

Add in possible (likely?) Sundowner syndrome and he might not be capable of remembering enough after reading to comprehend it.

I just don't think he cares.

A good point on it not being bullet points on just a couple of pages. It's not just that President Trump can't put together a doc that would clear an 8th grade Language Arts rubrick, it's his entire staff. It defies credibility, but there it is. They're trying to bullshit their way through four years of presidency.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick, someone find a Democrat to blame all of this on. Obama and Hillary are gone. Oh fantastic, Pelosi is still around. Burn the witch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Quick, someone find a Democrat to blame all of this on. Obama and Hillary are gone. Oh fantastic, Pelosi is still around. Burn the witch!

It is pretty rich to hear Republican leadership bitch about Democratic obstructionism being the real problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.