Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: used game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etienne BREAUD
France
flag msg tools
Hi all, I'm planning to buy this game sooner than later, just waiting for the right opportunity, and I have a question :

is this a game that I can buy from someone who already played the scenarios once? Or, like for example Pandemy, some materials are non-replayable?

thanks in advance!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a legacy game. It is replayable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is entirely cards and cardboard and has no legacy (component destroying) aspects. A used copy is definitely a feasible purchase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your plan is sound. If you're willing to wait a bit to get past the intitial "hotness," buying a used set (most often with multiple expansions included) is by far the most economical way to go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it's running through reprints at a high rate and scarce among online retailers, there are definitely used copies out there. I was just talking with someone today who had already sold his off in anticipation of shifting his attention to Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tefen wrote:
Hi all, I'm planning to buy this game sooner than later, just waiting for the right opportunity, and I have a question :

is this a game that I can buy from someone who already played the scenarios once? Or, like for example Pandemy, some materials are non-replayable?

thanks in advance!
The only "legacy"-ish component is a Campaign Log. But, there's no reason you couldn't just hand write one in a notebook, and I'm honestly not sure the game even expect you to actually mark up your campaign guide.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
Tefen wrote:
Hi all, I'm planning to buy this game sooner than later, just waiting for the right opportunity, and I have a question :

is this a game that I can buy from someone who already played the scenarios once? Or, like for example Pandemy, some materials are non-replayable?

thanks in advance!
The only "legacy"-ish component is a Campaign Log. But, there's no reason you couldn't just hand write one in a notebook, and I'm honestly not sure the game even expect you to actually mark up your campaign guide.

The FFG support page has downloadable logs that you can print out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:
Tefen wrote:
Hi all, I'm planning to buy this game sooner than later, just waiting for the right opportunity, and I have a question :

is this a game that I can buy from someone who already played the scenarios once? Or, like for example Pandemy, some materials are non-replayable?

thanks in advance!
The only "legacy"-ish component is a Campaign Log. But, there's no reason you couldn't just hand write one in a notebook, and I'm honestly not sure the game even expect you to actually mark up your campaign guide.

The FFG support page has downloadable logs that you can print out.


Cool. That I never looked into. I've been keeping my campaign status in my head.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
The FFG support page has downloadable logs that you can print out.

Last time I looked there were also several player-designed logs in the BGG files section.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.