Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything I should know besides what I see here on BGG?

I bought it years ago and sold it like a fool. The new version is really nice however so glad to be back.

I found some map websites if for some reason I get bored (board?) with the maps in the game (will be a while).

Can't wait to get into the mega paragraph book....and long patrols which look like a fun challenge.

Watched the videos, looks good, does tracking the movement where nothing happen really take that much time? I am fine with nothing happening! (if it is tedious, I may try to build a speadsheet or some d100 table to help move things along)

Any field manuals I should download and read?
Found FM 7-8 and the Ranger Handbook 21-76 so far

OK well there are a ton of books available even for my kindle, also found a map reading scale for $10 there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig,

You are in for a treat. Definitely one of my favourite solo games.

May I ask where did you get it?

I know that after Bill's passing (R.I.P.) his wife took over the business but I am wondering whether she is fully 'operational' (as in 'taking orders and fulfilling them').

TIA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it through a vendor on Amazon. I would like to get the action at objective CD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James H├ębert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in a similar frame of mind about purchasing the game, and would like to get all that's available in the last version Bill made. I have a first edition that would like to be fully up to date!

I think that means three items: "Ranger", the "AO Sierra/AO Victor Expansion Kit", and the "Ranger: Actions on the Objective" CD,

Although you can select the "Ranger Woodlands Terrain" I get the impression this product was never completed/released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To save my rulebook, anyone have the PDF of the more detailed operations order sheets? They may be out there but so far I can't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already, print off copies of page 15 and read the Tactical Events Booklet Notes at the back of that book to see what to do with them.
It basically save's some repetition during movement.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark.

I did look at the jungle movement paragraphs and this is where I am so far.

(I did photocopy the best I could page 15)

I roll 2d6 using the modifiers for enemy level, partisan, and the retracing your steps.

If I get a modified 6 or higher, I go right to 117.

Otherwise I roll through the paragraphs the standard way (actually I built a 6x6 table) and compare that value to my die roll. This should speed things up a bit.

I don't want to get too deep into the magic but moving turn after turn is a bit tedious, which is realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.