Alejandro Romano
msg tools
I know there could be an issue with the lack of enough basic cards to go around, by the way.

Will I have way too much leftover stuff if I buy a second core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solsumo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one core and one of each of the expansions. I personally do not feel the need for a second core. Having just one bloodthirster makes it all the more special.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the options a second core opens up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one is enough, but I highly recommend playing with an army builder to see what one set vs two looks like.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/103867/warhammer-disk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
You can get quite a bit of play out of a single core.

That said, due to the high frequency of very useful disks only being one off's in core (all the mages, heavy cavalry, and large monsters) a second core greatly increases your flexibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Webb
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started with one of each and prebuilt all the recommended armies. We teated like afixed box game where each player grabbed two regiments and had at it. Plenty of play there. That said we did pick up a second core to make regiments featuring multiples of the single units from the core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
One plays great, 2 plays even better. If the second half né is going for cheap these days, pick one. Although, it is absolutely not a necessity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find all three sets on clearance for half off or less at the moment.

I found that two sets really increases your options and lets you do more interesting things with terrain. It also means that there is no worry about who gets which generic Command Cards.

At full price, it was probably worth having multiple sets if you're a fan of the game. At the clearance prices, it's absolutely worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It isn't just disk options a second set offers but also card options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
It isn't just disk options a second set offers but also card options.

You are only allowed one of each card, but if you want to play with someone that doesn't own the game you both get full choose from all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.