Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I draw this card, there's always one enemy on the board.

Does that mean I have to spawn two enemies because I only have one enemy to activate?

Just checking, spawning two extra enemies really makes the game a lot harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Two would be spawned if you do not have two to activate.

I was wrong. I acknowledged my wrongness in a post further down, but have crossed my wrong answer out per "instructions" in another post. Let's all play correctly, or at least by the rules we can remember.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

This is actually incorrect. As long as some of the primary effect can be accomplished, then you do not do the "otherwise" effect. So in this instance, you would activate the one enemy available and discard the encounter card.

Simone clarified this here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played that wrong. Sorry for the misinformation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
martimer wrote:
I played that wrong. Sorry for the misinformation.
You may want to delete your original post and/or edit to strikethrough, so nobody gets confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
martimer wrote:

This is actually incorrect. As long as some of the primary effect can be accomplished, then you do not do the "otherwise" effect. So in this instance, you would activate the one enemy available and discard the encounter card.

Simone clarified this here.

Thanks my friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only way to activate the spawn 1 enemy or spawn 2 enemies part of the activate 2 monster or activate 1 monster cards is via the trap alarm when there are no monsters on the board; as the alarm draws an extra activation card, even when there are no enemies around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgsdfsfg sfdgdfgsdfg

Rinkaby
Sweden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
I think the only way to activate the spawn 1 enemy or spawn 2 enemies part of the activate 2 monster or activate 1 monster cards is via the trap alarm when there are no monsters on the board; as the alarm draws an extra activation card, even when there are no enemies around.

Very interesting. I've never thought of that. ANy other weird cases where this secondary effect of spawning would be activated? Is stunned enemies not considered activated when removing the stun? I assume they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgsdfsfg sfdgdfgsdfg

Rinkaby
Sweden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. Doesn't the alarm trap card say "draw antoer ecounter card the next time you draw an encounter card"? In that case, the alarm card will not be able to spawn elemies, as you would not draw an encounter when there are no enemies to begin with.

I might remember the card text wrong, of alarm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
LordTengil wrote:
Wait. Doesn't the alarm trap card say "draw antoer ecounter card the next time you draw an encounter card"? In that case, the alarm card will not be able to spawn elemies, as you would not draw an encounter when there are no enemies to begin with.

I might remember the card text wrong, of alarm.
You remember wrong. It's draw an extra during next encounter phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgsdfsfg sfdgdfgsdfg

Rinkaby
Sweden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. I've played it wrong then. Thanks for that. I guess mu motvation is "why would I draw an encounter card when there were no enemies?". It sounded like cheating to me. But now I know why.

Good talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.