Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Davis
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last two years, I found two very fun, very inexpensive games at Origins and GenCon. Last year it was a neat wrestling game called The SuperShow. This year, at Origins it was Sports Dice: Baseball.

Let's be clear - this game is not some grand strategy game about baseball and if you are into drafts and season long replays - look elsewhere. But if you want to chuck some dice and enjoy a game that has a bit of tension in it - this is a blast in like 15-20 minutes.

Andy (the designer) was there to demo it for me and we played 3 innings. It was a lot of fun. Simple rules - whoever rolls the most of one result on offense or defense 'wins' that roll. There is a tie-breaker chip you can use to break a tie - but then you have to give it to the other player.

I also just noticed he added a few rules for 'advanced' play - a nice addition. He mentioned the possibility of a football version and I will look for that.

If you like the game of baseball and want a fun little (portable) game where you get to roll a lot of dice, yet still have some decisions to make - for $15 - this game fits the bill.

Good job!

Regards,
MatildaMike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.