Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Gaastra
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Dice Tower Con last week, I saw a number of demo stations using some "table toppers" that were moderately nice, mostly plastic, "tables" that would set on top of a normal card or other table, but provide some of the "game table" benefits (card surface, recessed gaming area, some even had rail systems on the outside). I made a note of it, but now that I'm looking on the web, I can't seem to find the item in question.

Does anybody know about these things, and whether they are purchasable? It would be rather handy to possibly have one or two for the "away game nights" that we rotate around various locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to be going by the name 'Game Toppers' currently though googling you'll find a lot of other things before you'll find the items you seek. They have a YouTube video out showing the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
They seem to be going by the name 'Game Toppers' currently though googling you'll find a lot of other things before you'll find the items you seek. They have a YouTube video out showing the product.

Any link good Sir?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

Any link good Sir?

Hope this works ...

...yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gaastra
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll be excited to follow up on this in the fall I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Secrest
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tl;dw

Could someone summarize that for me? Don't have sound, so watching videos is pointless for me. Is this a product they are marketing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ramjet2187 wrote:
tl;dw

Could someone summarize that for me? Don't have sound, so watching videos is pointless for me. Is this a product they are marketing?

It's a gaming table top that you place on top of an existing table. In the video they use a rectangular plastic folding table the type you might use outdoors at a barbecue or such-like.

It comes in two main parts that slot together and then get locked. The outside of the rail has a slot system to add the typical accessories, cup holder, component trays.

The play surface seems to be some nicely finished paneling (maybe some quality plywood), to which they then added a neoprene (presumably) playmat, while the edge is aluminium. They went to lengths to demonstrate that the unit is quite light and portable.

I think Rob is good friends with the designers and came over a little too enthusiastic almost like a telesales pitch but I don't think that was intentional.

Their plan is to go to crowdfunding sometime in "the fall". In the video I think they mentioned that their target was $500 to $700 per unit, but that's not confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Secrest
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
ramjet2187 wrote:
tl;dw

It's a gaming table top that you place on top of an existing table. In the video they use a rectangular plastic folding table the type you might use outdoors at a barbecue or such-like.

It comes in two main parts that slot together and then get locked. The outside of the rail has a slot system to add the typical accessories, cup holder, component trays.

The play surface seems to be some nicely finished paneling (maybe some quality plywood), to which they then added a neoprene (presumably) playmat, while the edge is aluminium. They went to lengths to demonstrate that the unit is quite light and portable.

I think Rob is good friends with the designers and came over a little too enthusiastic almost like a telesales pitch but I don't think that was intentional.

Their plan is to go to crowdfunding sometime in "the fall". In the video I think they mentioned that their target was $500 to $700 per unit, but that's not confirmed.

Thank you. GG for your effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Forsythe
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
The table toppers were very popular and they ran out of the business cards they were handing out. Here's a picture I took of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
ramjet2187 wrote:
tl;dw

Interesting! Many of the table toppers I've seen were "lids" designed for gaming tables that already have walls. Like below...

-------------

| |
\===========/

for flat tables is definitely novel!
I guess like domed lid like below

------------
| |

==============

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, what you see in the image from the YouTube video above is the finished article.

i.e.

|------------|
=======

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.