Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiri Rozman
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
so I have a question about this final step:

"After the production phase, players have one extra chance to convert plants into greenery tiles (in player order; this may also trigger other
effects such as placement bonuses)."

So in our local language (CZ) version. It specifically says we can use the 8:1 plants to tile conversion several times. This EN version of rules does not say it. So what is correct?

Also both EN and CZ version is confusing me with wording "in player order". So does player A convert all his plants to tiles and then player B, C etc. or do they alternate turns such player A puts 1 tile, player B then one tile etc.? Because in our last game I could place 10 tiles, but since I was last as the game ended on the turn of the player to my left I could not place all my tiles as we run out of spots on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
End of game greenery tiles
After the last production phase players may, in the preserved player order, convert plants into one or more greenery tiles. The greenery tiles are paid for (with 8 plants each) and placed one at a time, triggering placement bonuses and other effects before the next tile is placed. When that player can't place more greenery tiles, the next player goes. After every player has had a chance to place greenery tiles, end game scoring begins.
See Official FAQ / rules clarifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rozy wrote:
Because in our last game I could place 10 tiles, but since I was last as the game ended on the turn of the player to my left I could not place all my tiles as we run out of spots on the board.

10 tiles?!? you had 80 plants in storage after production?

If there was so little space left on the board, why didn't you place them in the generation where Mars got terraformed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri Rozman
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the FAQ I think that it clears up one more big mistake we did. We only played 1-2 actions per generation not per turn. So having 14 plants production makes you have lot of saved by the end of game :)

I still think that players should alternate in placing the green tiles as it is really sad when the game ends and you have some saved but cannot places them as you are like the 5th played and there is no more room, but I can imagine that the game is gonna look very different when playing more then 2 actions each generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rozy wrote:
Thanks guys for the FAQ I think that it clears up one more big mistake we did. We only played 1-2 actions per generation not per turn. So having 14 plants production makes you have lot of saved by the end of game

I still think that players should alternate in placing the green tiles as it is really sad when the game ends and you have some saved but cannot places them as you are like the 5th played and there is no more room, but I can imagine that the game is gonna look very different when playing more then 2 actions each generation.

It's very rare that you place more than 2 greeneries at the end step, since you had the chance to place everything in the last normal generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly GamePlayer
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you are not increasing production when you should only be taking plants? Can't figure out how come you have so many tiles on the board.

NB. My EN version is completely correct for the number of plants placed in the final round. Perhaps you've not understood it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri Rozman
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
Are you sure you are not increasing production when you should only be taking plants? Can't figure out how come you have so many tiles on the board.

NB. My EN version is completely correct for the number of plants placed in the final round. Perhaps you've not understood it.

No I am pretty clear on that. Last game I had 14 plants production per generation and that was extremely high. Normal for other players was something like 3 or 4. But since I knew I do not have to use my action on it as it will get converted at the end of the game anyway I did not waste my actions on it during the game much unless I wanted some key locations to be taken and I really saved up 80 units of plants. This all came form the fact we played the rules wrong: 1-2 actions per generation and not per turn as somebody pointed out in the FAQ. So I was not "wasting" a turn on placing a green tile instead of playing some crucial projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly GamePlayer
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I see. You just have to be lucky enough to get the right cards to get production up to 14.

Glad to hear you've sorted your problems now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Rozy wrote:
No I am pretty clear on that. Last game I had 14 plants production per generation and that was extremely high. Normal for other players was something like 3 or 4. But since I knew I do not have to use my action on it as it will get converted at the end of the game anyway I did not waste my actions on it during the game much unless I wanted some key locations to be taken and I really saved up 80 units of plants. This all came form the fact we played the rules wrong: 1-2 actions per generation and not per turn as somebody pointed out in the FAQ. So I was not "wasting" a turn on placing a green tile instead of playing some crucial projects.

It's big difference. Playing correct rules, you will usually want to get your greenery tiles out on the board promptly. There are two main reasons for this. One, you want to raise the oxygen and gain terraform rating. And two, you want to avoid asteroids. Also the gardener milestone may be at stake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.