Subject: Has anyone tried playing with 5 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miles P.
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I understand the game is balanced around a 4-player max, but I don't see any rules that outright prevent 5 players.

I'm thinking the only roadblock is that it might make the game a bit short, but has anyone actually tried it out?

My copy literally came in the mail today and I'm excited to play, but my group's next meeting will be 5 players so any input on what to expect would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not, although buying properties might be a challenge, and not everyone, in theory, would trigger two boss battles. Also, the odds of winning auctions and boss battles if you're last to go becomes that much less, too.

You may also run out of single coins. The last game we played with four, we had to continually trade them out for fives, as there were so many littered around the board.

Also, I suppose, some characters like Donkey Kong have powers that become more unbalanced.

Let us know how it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.