Destination Fun Combo Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Destination Fun Planes Instructions size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kito Impsta
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Why, oh why does the size of the Planes expansion instructions have to be bigger than the original Planes box? For those of us who like to house expansions with the base game this is really annoying.

Planes base game instructions are 250mm square.
Destination Fun Planes instructions are 280mm square.

Out with the scalpel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they expect you to carry the DFE around with you whenever you take any one of the DF games out. After all, the expansion content doesn't fit in any of the base game boxes, so you might as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agruably, Trains does, as long as you haven't combined both sets or have a Map Pack (Box Lift from the boards). The extra cards can fit into the other trough in the box.

Though, I did get an idea of putting all of my Planes stuff in the DF combo box from this thread. Don't think this will work with the separate edition of the Planes expansion. Don't have Automobiles yet, so can't comment on that. Without the rulebook, you CAN squeeze everything into the box, just with some box lift from the second board. Agreed that the booklet is a bit oversized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
Agruably, Trains does, as long as you haven't combined both sets or have a Map Pack (Box Lift from the boards). The extra cards can fit into the other trough in the box.
I have Trains, Rising Sun and the DFE content for Trains all in one box. But man alive is the box lid lifted up high! (I arrange the boards into a cross with foam blocks in the empty corners, this keeps the boards from sliding around and uses the smallest blocks of foam)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
lomdr wrote:
I have Trains, Rising Sun and the DFE content for Trains all in one box. But man alive is the box lid lifted up high! (I arrange the boards into a cross with foam blocks in the empty corners, this keeps the boards from sliding around and uses the smallest blocks of foam)

Kinda figured that would be the case, MC, as I already had Rising Sun and Map Pack 2. So I artist cased my copy of Trains, though it can't take another card pack after combining the sets and Coastal Tides (you have to remove 3 rows from the 5 row broken token insert to get the boards to fit in the case). I have all of my print and play maps in a letter sized envelope that has dividers to help keep them sorted, bridging across the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.