Subject: An epic 5 hour session of Z:BP Wulfsburg - The Evil Twinz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
János Lukács
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey fellow Survivors!

Yesterday we ha an epic session with few of my colleagues, thought I'd share so you see and learn as we did: Never Give Up!
We played Quest 3 of Wulfsburg, Evil Twinz, with some slight modifications. Because we only had 5 players, we removed one of the spawn points (that is to the left of the starting point). But I wanted some more challenge for the group, so I added an additional X objective to the map which we had to get, and also modified the map a bit:
- I switched the bottom left tile with the other tower, so there was space to move around the central building and also the zombies from that leftmost spawn point could also reach us.
- And in place of the 10V tower tile, I added a room with a clear street path, so the path didn't change there, the tower was replaced to a room with an additional objective.

Fun part begin when we opened the middle building and had 2 necromancers spawn back to back next to eachother, having only 2 characters searched for once or twice, so we had basic weapons. I know we should've basically lost at that point, but I house ruled the necromancers so that they can only get out on permanent (red from start, or a turned necro spawn) spawn points, and they also don't leave when they're at 0-1 distance from eachother - in this case they spawned next to eachother so it would've been instant leave.
So basically from that point we had to battle a horde of zombies spawning from 5 points, plus the horde from the 10 rooms of the building.

Somehow we managed to survive, until the next big wave came in to the middle room, where we had to go in to stop any necromancers spawning in any of those 2 spawn points to leave in max 2 rounds basically. By that time we searched some more and found some spells, flame sword and bile+torches, and we were also lucky enough to find a repulse spell which came really handy.

After the epic repulse + dragonfire combo (~35xp) we had another big wave come in, but by that time some of the guys were already in red so we could manage to mow them down. One survivor of the five still died from a fatty extra activation, but 4 of us managed to get all objectives and then get the hell out of town.

I've added some pictures, the first one is from round 3 if I recall correctly, and then the other ones some rounds later - when the 2 necromancers that spawned inside the building managed to escape.
Then came the big horde, repulse+dragonfire, the rest is history
It was a 5 hour long epic session

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! This is a great game...those extra activations can be brutal! Thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnston
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Don't you lose that scenario the instant you lose a character? I seem to remember that being the case. Hard scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.