Oh Captain!» Forums » General

Subject: Question regarding the upcoming games in the series. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this is the first in a series of 6 games all set in the same universe/story, right?
I was just wondering if this means we are going to have the same characters from game-to-game to play as, and if this also means each game will play up to 6?

I did find a photograph on their facebook page of what looks like some people playing Nomades (the 2nd game in the series), but couldn't quite squint hard enough to see what the player count is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Chevalier
France
flag msg tools
Hi Lewis,

Very good questions

Yes, this is a series of 6 games, from the same universe of Luma.
https://www.legendsofluma.com/en/ to know more about Luma.
Each game come with a part of the whole story and its background is fully part of it.
So yes, the characters remain the same, in the story and in the games. Sometimes one of the character is more involved in the story and so is not playable, this will be the case in next game : Nomads (available before Essen). Here Lys won't be playable. In next one, this will be the turn of "Moon" to not be playable. I can't say more without spoiling

Regarding number of players, it will depend of the games. For example the next one : Nomads will be for 2-5 players. But it should stay stable.

Hope it's replying to your questions.

Enjoy

Bruno
Ludonaute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for replying.

I gotta say, that's a slightly disappointing decision. I figured one of the ideas behind having a series of games following a single story is that you could have a group of friends all meet up and experience the next chapter together, possibly even playing as the same character so they develop their own narrative. Once all 6 games are out I could easily see groups have a couple evenings where they play through the games in order. If one person has to sit out a game, that's kinda sad.

Also, 6 player games are something I tend to look for a lot, because most of my gaming groups are quite 'open' so we get varying numbers turning up. Games that only play 2-4 hardly ever hit the table whereas 6 player and above games come out again and again (we hate having to split into groups because the inter-personal politics is a minefield!).

Its too late for Nomads, but I hope you try to keep things more consistent for the remaining games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.