Subject: What do I need to buy to "catch up" to the KS campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two of the Star Realms: Core Sets, and nothing else. Seeing the new KickStarter got me thinking I should catch up on the game, as I do enjoy it. I was disappointed there wasn't a pledge option that gives you everything available (including existing stuff) like some KS games do.

So anyway, if I want to catch up and then back the new stuff on KS, how many packs do I need?

From my understanding, Star Realms is not like Magic and other collectable card games with booster packs. Every pack is identical and will give you the same cards. So I don't need to buy cases of packs hoping to get complete sets. Does that mean I only need a single pack of each type? Or do you need a pack of each type for every core set or every 2 additional players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want all the content, you only need one of the things you want. I have some of the extra content, but haven't even opened the packs as I rarely get to play in person. The online game I spend a lot of hours playing on a regular basis.

I'm personally going to wait for the game to get to the retailers as I don't play enough in real life to warrant the promos. And shipping seems a little crazy to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Moynihan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
You would buy one of each of the core sets and one of each of the expansion packs. We usually have our other products for sale as add-ons in the Pledge Manager, but we need to work out the logistics of that, so we haven't stated that in the Kickstarter at this time. You are correct that these are non-random packs,

There is a Buyer's Guide here which does a nice job going through the various expansions:
http://www.geeksundergrace.com/tabletop/articles-tabletop/th...

The products available in addition to the Kickstarter include:

1 Star Realms Deckbuilding Game Box Set (base set)
1 Colony Wars Box Set
4 Crisis Packs (there are four different packs Heroes, Events...)
4 United Packs (there are four different packs)
1 pack of Gambits
1 pack of Cosmic Gambits
1 pack Year One Promo Cards

Accessories
Star Realms Long Storage box with Sleeves
Star Realms Flip Box
Playmats

Star Realms Digital app (buy once, play on all platforms)

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
And shipping seems a little crazy to me.

Antarctica $20
Mexico $50

gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the hijack but-
Where can I the shipping cost on the kickstarter page? Mouldy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Keep in mind that you don't need to buy any of the expansions if you don't want to. Everything in the Star Realms universe is made to be mix-n-match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
isearch wrote:
Where can I the shipping cost on the kickstarter page? Mouldy
Click on one of the pledges then you will have an option to choose which country you want your reward shipped to. That will show you the different shipping charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.