Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the iOS app Allies vs. Axis an equivalent to the board game? Would it be a good way to learn and play before playing the cardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
If the iOS app is anything like the computer game released a number of years then it should be OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find anything on Android. Is there an equivalent program on Android?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are reviews saying it's nothing like the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh... no good then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Www dot gamesbyemail dot com has a *edit-->FREE<--endedit* browser based version that emulates the Milton Bradley 80's era edition. I'll play you, if you like. PM me for my e-mail address if you'd like to play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:
Www dot gamesbyemail dot com has a browser based version that emulates the Milton Bradley 80's era edition. I'll play you, if you like. PM me for my e-mail address if you'd like to play a game.

Errr - apparently not anymore. I just tried to visit this site and it appears that the domain name is about to be free again due to non-renewal of the registration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A
United States
Brooklyn
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Axis_%26_Allies

What about vassal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
ahdvitp wrote:

What about vassal?

It works. It is 2nd Ed. which means the final [3rd Ed.] rule that BB are 2 hit ships is not supported.

It even includes the total rule book, in "Tools", IIRC.

You can also download the LHTR for A&A Revised 2004. If you want to see want they did with Revised. The 3 changes from Revised to LHTR that I saw are:
1] You get new Tech at the end of your turn. In MB A&A buying Tech is stupid because of the cost and uncertainty of what you get, but they improved that in Revised, at least some.
2] Jet FTR Tech still has them defend at 5 but adds that they can ignore AA gun fire, no doubt because on land you rarely defend with FTRs.
3] The Victory condition was changed from either 8 or 10 [or all 12] Victory Cities to 9 Victory Cities or all 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:

It works. It is 2nd Ed. which means the final [3rd Ed.] rule that BB are 2 hit ships is not supported.

It even includes the total rule book, in "Tools", IIRC.

You can also download the LHTR for A&A Revised 2004. If you want to see want they did with Revised. The 3 changes from Revised to LHTR that I saw are:
1] You get new Tech at the end of your turn. In MB A&A buying Tech is stupid because of the cost and uncertainty of what you get, but they improved that in Revised, at least some.
2] Jet FTR Tech still has them defend at 5 but adds that they can ignore AA gun fire, no doubt because on land you rarely defend with FTRs.
3] The Victory condition was changed from either 8 or 10 [or all 12] Victory Cities to 9 Victory Cities or all 12.

Whaaaaa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdvitp wrote:

What about vassal?

I'd try vassal. It is available for TableTop simulator as well, but that doesn't enforce rules.

If someone want's to teach me via vassal, I'm down for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.