Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, life has finally decided to let me have some time to myself, so that I could finally tackle punching and organizing Nemo's War!

First, I am really impressed by the component and rulebook quality of this game! Almost guilty that the beauty of this production is to be had by only one person. (And yes, I know there's a multiplayer variant, but you get the point). My first reaction was such that I was going to post a dedicated thread about that very topic. ...

But then I got to the small counter sheet to find that all the counters on it are misaligned...

Getting To The Point:
The artwork on the "Torpedo Attack", "Bold Attack", and "Sunken Treasure Fleet" counters are printed to the upper right of each counter. Perhaps because of the cross hairs, the effect is most pronounced on the BOLD ATTACK counter, so I provide an image of that, below.

Please note that this does NOT break gameplay in any way. It's simply an aesthetic issue. As such, this is not a complaint, but rather a "Did anyone else have this issue and if so, did you get it resolved?" post!

So, did anyone else have this issue? And if so, did you seek resolution? And if so, how did it go? I'm just not sure - that given the insignificance of this discrepancy in the grand scheme of life - if it's worth pursuing. I am OCD about my games, but am trying to break myself of that curse, so am thinking of starting on my road to recovery by letting this be. But OTOH, if you guys say that it was resolved very easily, then I'll start my recovery at another time!

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at both my regular and my laser-cut counters, the alignment all seems very good. So I'm afraid you got a bum copy. Definitely not a rampant issue or I'm sure we would have heard about it more. NW is a great game, but a lot of comments focus on the production quality. And I'll bet people would have mentioned this type of thing.

For a component-heavy game, where the individual pieces may not be seen often (outside of some huge pile), I'd probably ignore it. But that attack marker is going to be front-and-center the entire game. And NW is a little on the pricier side for the amount of physical content you get (not a dig--I'm more than happy with the overall experience for the price I paid). Plus the extended production time to "get everything right". I imagine they wouldn't want an ugly copy floating around. So if it were me, I'd definitely at least ask for some proper pieces. NW is largely a work of art, so presentation matters.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My countersheet is fine, however I have frequently had this issue with numerous other wargames (see my geeklist). If I where you I would ask the publisher (in this case Victory Point Games) to send you a replacement countersheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar problem with my board, and was told that ShipNaked will send me a replacement. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard from them regarding any confirmation if the board has been sent already, but after your post I am worried that my shipment will also include a faulty board.

- K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Stealth/Bold attack counter was misaligned but not as badly. It hasn't bothered me too much though since I honestly think it's kind of superfluous to the gameplay.

I would be more irritated about the Torpedo token being badly offset though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
My Stealth/Bold attack counter was misaligned but not as badly. It hasn't bothered me too much though since I honestly think it's kind of superfluous to the gameplay.

You're going to make a cool 3D printable widget for it anyway right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
Donkler wrote:

You're going to make a cool 3D printable widget for it anyway right?

Haha the thought has crossed my mind laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rubenser
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Barry Miller
this is my counter:

I don´t use them, I have the lasercut ones.
If you like, you can have it.
I can mail it today to you, if you want....at no cost.
Only problem is you probably have to wait a view weeks, since I´m in EU and you in US.
It normaly takes 2 to 3 weeks.
My lasercut looks like this:

This is no ring at all.
Are all lasercut ones this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tom, that's very kind and generous of you! Though I think my first approach is to seek resolution from the publisher. And if for some reason that fails, then I'll definitely take you up on your offer! (Though I would insist on paying the postage).

And yes, those laser cuts do look much better. At the time I didn't
think they'll be worth the added $25. Hindsight is always 20/20, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rubenser
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Barry
I´ve sent you a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A HUGE public thank you to Tom Rubenser!

True to his offer, he sent me the counters which I had discussed in my OP. But also, more than I was expecting! Today, our mailman dropped off a large, stiff envelope from Austria. At first I didn't know what it was, as although I knew Tom lives in Austria, the envelope was MUCH larger than expected.

And considering that Tom insisted on covering the postage, I naturally assumed that he would send the "problem" counters in a small envelope.

But INSTEAD, he sent ALL of the counters - unpunched - four full sheets!

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
NerdyTom wrote:

This is no ring at all.
My lasercut counter looks exactly the same. No ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rubenser
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Jan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
NerdyTom wrote:

This is no ring at all.
My lasercut counter looks exactly the same. No ring.

Same here. I guess they forgot to program that cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.