J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I just love the family-first policies of the Republican Party:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/12/steve-king-use-pl...

Go the Examiner link -- King explains that food stamps are now feeding fat people, so to get them healthy and slim, we should cut off their food ... and health care ... and college loans. Yeah, that'll help kids in poor families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
The massive irony here is that illegal immigration is down by over 70% - so on many ways, the objective of Trump was accomplished - and at the end of the day, I see this similar to Guantanamo- something that the president pushes for, but won't really to use much political capital over - prefers. G to blame the obstructionist other guys.

Ultimately, I do hope that some kind of grand bargain that starts with enforcement and a reasonable path to citizenship would come to fruition - but given the hyper-toxic nature of congress makes this almost unimaginable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Go the Examiner link -- King explains that food stamps are now feeding fat people, so to get them healthy and slim, we should cut off their food ... and health care ... and college loans. Yeah, that'll help kids in poor families.

How does he think he can get money from an organisation that doesn't get federal money directly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Coincidentally, I just heard him on the radio. You really have to listen to him say it, as opposed to reading it. It was quite Trumpian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that guy. One of the two Kings in Congress. He's a loon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

reminder: Steve King is a congressman from rural Iowa, where agriculture is a key part of the economy, and he is too fucking dumb to know that food stamps directly subsidize the living of his constituents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Kong gets to piss in the poor and support a monument to bigotry with one action. That winning the GOP daily double these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
King explains that food stamps are now feeding fat people, so to get them healthy and slim, we should cut off their food ...

It's wild that some people still think a high calorie diet in the US is expensive.

What might help is incentivizing people on food stamps to attend cooking and nutrition classes.

But then again welfare is about shaming people not helping them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

remorseless1 wrote:

Were you actually expecting a Dominionist of the neo-Confederate stripe as Iowa Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King to be a compassionate conservative?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But wait, let me turn to that objective government study that shows a wall will be totally effective in holding out illegals.

Oh wait, there is no such study.

Laughs, let's spend billions on a wall we are not sure will even work, and oh, let's take away from women and the poor to build it.

It's like asking someone to buy a $30,000 car, without opening the hood to see if there is an engine under it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you set your house on fire people are much less likely to rob you too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mightygodking wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

reminder: Steve King is a congressman from rural Iowa, where agriculture is a key part of the economy, and he is too fucking dumb to know that food stamps directly subsidize the living of his constituents

Ah, but King has been pushing for increases in the USDA's budget. Anyone wonder why?

Also, in the speech cited in the article. King said the government needs to get people back to work. Doubt anyone would disagree, but what the Esteemed Gentleman from the Great State of Iowa was talking about had nothing to do with jobs, just a way to chip away at the alleged "nanny state" offered by the federal government. Because, you know, if they're poor, they're lazy bums who should be deported with the brown people...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Not only that, but it's run by the US Dept of Agriculture, and US ag interests generally support it. It helps their bottom line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.